CBS cancels seven shows, including 'Ghost,' 'Case'

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
CBS is going to have some open slots next season after all. In an year when some insiders speculated that CBS would only lose a couple shows, the network just canceled four dramas (including three veterans) and two comedies.
Crime procedurals "Cold Case," "Ghost Whisperer" and "Numbers" will not be renewed for next season. Jerry Bruckheimer's drama "Miami Medical" is likewise canceled, as is fellow freshman "Accidentally on Purpose," which mainly aired in the network's Monday night comedy block.
Source & More: hollywoodreporter.com

oH MAN, they canceled Ghost Whisperer. I watched the show but didn't really know what it was about since all I saw was THE twins LOL

I'm surprised they cancelled Ghost Whisperer...Jennifer Love Hewitt (aka Boob Lady, aka the Woman who changes 9-times per episode) must have been asking too much. I grew tired of the show a couple years ago, but the ratings were still solid for a Friday night. Still, CBS could have gotten another year out of this show.

We were all expecting Numb3rs to be cancelled. The numbers (no pun intended) were solid for the Friday 10pm timeshot, but the salaries of Krumholtz, Morrow and Hirsh made it expensive to produce and Krumholtz and Morrow are working on other pilots. To be honest, this is huge mistake by CBS since Numb3rs was a "smart" show and has a loyal following. CBS should have had Agent Sinclair take over Don Eppes role and Lary Fleinhardt replace Charlie Eppes...and cut Hirsh and Ramanujan loose as well. As you'll recall in the final "makeshift" episode, Agent Sinclair was promoted to lead a field office in DC. In my opinion, Sinclair/Fleinhardt would have done a good job, given the show a fresh start, reduced the production costs, and maintained much of their Friday night followers. CBS now has a major problem with their Friday night lineup...which they have been winning for years. Personally, this show had another 2-3 years left in the tank. I'm not happy this show cancelled.

Cold case was an excellent show (watched it for many years), but I feel it had run its course. I occasionally watched the show from time-to-time, but 7-years was a good run. I can't say I watched any of the other cancelled show...but thank goodness CBS pulled-the-plug on Miami Medical - it was a stinker IMO.

NOT Jennifer LOVE HUGE TITS! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! What will I do now on Fridays? Oh maybe ABC will pick it up since it is an ABC production anyway.

Wow, my wife is going to be pissed about Ghost Whisperer...

CBS probably killed it and kept Medium because Medium is inhouse, but Ghost Whisperer is a joint project with ABC, so not as much syndication cash in the future with more episodes.

The New Adventures of Old Christine should have been canceled way before this year. And they gave her an Emmy the first season it was on. Just goes to show you how dumb the Emmy Award really is. It never caught on but they kept bringing it back for some strange reason.

CBS cancels seven shows, including 'Ghost,' 'Case' -- The Live Feed | THR
utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+live_feed+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Live+Feed%29

The Warner Bros.-produced "Christine" and ABC Studios/CBS Prods.-produced "Ghost" both are considered to have a shot at moving to ABC, which has expressed interest in both shows. "Ghost" would make more sense for the network since ABC has dramatically improved its comedy offerings this season and the average rating for "Christine" is low compared to the network's Wednesday night comedy block. While "Ghost" would be an ideal lead-in for ABC's new Friday night 9 p.m. drama "Body of Proof

Looks like ABC can pick them up

The bad thing about moving CSI Miami to Sundays at 9:00pm is that during football and basketball season they will have over runs, that will push the entire Sunday night list of shows to run late as well. Which means that if you are recording Csi as the last show of the night , you will have to add an hour to your end time or you will miss the entire show & ending. This is the main reason I no longer record shows on Sundays on CBS due to these over runs. I quit watching Cold case and 60 minutes and other shows on that night due to over runs .

Moving CSI Miami is a good move with Cold Case getting a cold cut...if it were the 9pm timeslot. I think this will be the final years of CSI: Miami if they stay in the 10pm timeslot...of course, CBS can quickly move them somewhere else after mid-season cancellations.

I'll miss Numb3rs. Got tired of Cold Case. Thought Gary Unmarried was funny. Never got into Ghost Whisperer. Liked Accidentally on Purpose. Can't stand Christine. Didn't like Miami Medical. Most of all I hope The Thursday Move for BBT doesn't hurt the show.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)