CBS Chicago Local Audio Dropout

KenB123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Northern Illinois
Curious if any others in the Chicago area are experiencing occasional audio dropout on the CBS local channel? The dropout occurs for about 1-3 seconds and may occur a few times over an hour. I notice on my Onkyo receiver that the audio signal indication goes blank when this occurs. At first I thought this was the same as that discussed in the audio dropout thread, but I believe this may be a different problem as it appears to be isolated to this channel only.

What version are your DVRs on? I know I've had issues with dropouts especially with CBS here in Chicago on software version 6.15. I never used to have issues with it before.

I am at version L616 with the 622 DVR. All audio goes through an Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver. The audio signal loss I am referring to lasts about 1-5 seconds.

I was told this is a different audio dropout problem than that discussed in the sound audio dropout thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/126959-sound-dropping-second.html

Some months back I used to get audio dropouts on various stations when the audio from a TV show broadcasting 5.1 surround mode went to 2-channel Stereo for a commercial. It took the Onkyo 2-3 seconds to interpret the signal change. So I would occasionally lose a few seonds of audio when the switch occurred. Fortunately I have not noticed this isssue for some months now.

But what has started (actually a couple months now) is with CBS broadcasts (TV shows, news) it is occuring within the show itself for no explained reason. The Onkyo shows no audio signal (i.e., lost signal), and then comes back. During that 1-5 second period, audio is lost. I seem to only notice this on CBS local received via Dish.

My 722 went from 614 to 616 this week. (never got 615)

I am now having trouble on my local CBS (Atlanta DMA) whereas I never had [Dish receiver related] audio trouble before!

Yes, I also have had several audio dropouts on cbs-2 out of Chicago. Still have software version 6.14. I have had them in the past, but today the channel is virtually unwatchable at times in HD. Seems okay in SD. Same as you - it is only happening on CBS - Chicago.

Just came in from shoveling snow and noticed that the HD feed of CBS-2 is extremely bad. The SD feed seems ok. My 722 is on 616, so the latest software version certainly doesn't fix it. I have an older Denon 1705 and the audio dropouts are actually causing my receiver to blip when it drops.

I'm glad it's not just me. Trying to watch today's games in HD is nearly impossible. It's not just the 722, though, my 211 is showing the same break-ups. Normally, I'd see other HD channels on 129 with issues if it was truly a weather issue, but this seems isolated to CBS 2.

Same with me. 622 receiver with L616 software and CBS HD is not watchable, just blobs of color and no audio.

Same here. The audio was dropping out more and more during the game, and I completely lost the sat feed about 30 minutes ago. And living along the lake shore at the WI border, our OTA feed from CBS has never been good, so I'm now watching Hallmark with my wife! AAARRRRGH!:(:)

Just to note. the video for me is fine. When the audio dropouts occur, the video is not affected. All you do is watch them mouth words you're never going to hear. Checked it on the rewind, and the same audio drops are present.

Watched plenty of non-CBS yesterday and no audio dropouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)