CBS College Sports Network package change

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My fault on the sports talk, although in my defense it started from a sports station.

Let's leave it open, if CBSC goes away, or we get confirmation from DirecTV (outside of the CSR email above), this is the place for it :)

We'll curb the hockey talk :)

Sorry as well for moving into the sports talk. I do apreciate another channel, especailly if it has some HD programing. Thanks TomCat4680 for the info on this channel being available

CBS College Sports changes packages

CBS College Sports is now available on Directv's Choice extra package, on Channel 613.

CBS College Sports has expanded its footprint with DirecTV, moving up to the satellite leader's Choice Xtra package.

CBS College Sports will add another 3 million to its subscriber rolls in lifting its count to more 30 million overall.

See the article here at: CBS College Sports Moves Up To DirecTV's Choice Xtra Packag - 2009-03-02 12:07:23 - Multichannel News

Guess D* figured that since us grandfathered TC+ subs WERE getting it, & for $3 LESS than Choice+ subs were paying for the SAME pkg, it made more sense to give it to them as well... (rather than take it away from TC+ subs)

CBS College Sports

I have not seen this reported by anybody. So I wanted to let you all know that CBS College Sports is no longer in the sport tier, they are now part of the Choice Extra. That is good news. I believe the channel is 613. I tried it out the morning and I came in.

There's no reason to close it. If anyone wants to discuss CBSCH they can. I actually watch this channel quite a bit in Feb/March for college hockey, and I'm glad they switched it.

I'm going to cleanup some of the posts above that were about closing it or duplicates (and posts with repost links) because I merged three threads to this one.

Maybe the ? should be deleted from the title of the post since it's a fact now.

Again, sorry for the duplicate thread. I didn't see this thread at all and that thing didn't come up saying that there is already threads about this.

Glad to hear about this but just curious as to why on D*'s website it still shows in the Sports Pack and is not listed in the Choice Xtra lineup? Their site seems to stay fairly well organized, so it seems a bit odd. Is this just an oversight on their part?

Status
Please reply by conversation.