CBS Evening News in HD

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
I am not sure if this was discussed somewhere else but I just heard the CBS Evening News is going HD starting Monday July 28, 2008.

The makeup artists have probably already started on Katie as I write this.. :D

And what is the problem with wrinkles? Doesn't your Mom or Grandma have a few????

Nothing is wrong with a few wrinkles on Mom or Grandma, but this is TV. Everyone is supposed to look young and energetic. Somehow I just do not picture grandma reading the news to me.

HOw did we go from an announcement about one of the networks presenting the evening news in HD to a discussion of someone's "spank bank?

If thsi is just for the instudio stuff I don't cae but actually covering the news in HD is probablya good thing."

Nothing is wrong with a few wrinkles on Mom or Grandma, but this is TV. Everyone is supposed to look young and energetic. Somehow I just do not picture grandma reading the news to me.

Did anyone care that Uncle Walter had wrinkles that could be seen on a 1947 Philco? Babwa Wawa has wrinkles that rival the Martian canals. Nobody cares. I like a little character and experience in my newsreaders.

Well, CBS is getting off to a great start. HD yes. Audio NO!!!!

Edit: came on about 2 minutes in.

Edit 2: Now in SD. Could be out local affiliate??

Looks like a problem back at NYC since the WCBS-DT feed on D* is also FUBAR, it's back to a SD feed.

It was a CBS problem.. With no Audio. They frantically memoed stations to make a change while they worked on it. They previously told us no 5 channel, that it would come in on channels 1 and 2, but they sent audio on channels 7 & 8 which no affilate was ready for and some could not switch to. We did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)