CBS Evening News in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
I am not sure if this was discussed somewhere else but I just heard the CBS Evening News is going HD starting Monday July 28, 2008.

The makeup artists have probably already started on Katie as I write this.. :D

And what is the problem with wrinkles? Doesn't your Mom or Grandma have a few????

Nothing is wrong with a few wrinkles on Mom or Grandma, but this is TV. Everyone is supposed to look young and energetic. Somehow I just do not picture grandma reading the news to me.

HOw did we go from an announcement about one of the networks presenting the evening news in HD to a discussion of someone's "spank bank?

If thsi is just for the instudio stuff I don't cae but actually covering the news in HD is probablya good thing."

Nothing is wrong with a few wrinkles on Mom or Grandma, but this is TV. Everyone is supposed to look young and energetic. Somehow I just do not picture grandma reading the news to me.

Did anyone care that Uncle Walter had wrinkles that could be seen on a 1947 Philco? Babwa Wawa has wrinkles that rival the Martian canals. Nobody cares. I like a little character and experience in my newsreaders.

Well, CBS is getting off to a great start. HD yes. Audio NO!!!!

Edit: came on about 2 minutes in.

Edit 2: Now in SD. Could be out local affiliate??

Looks like a problem back at NYC since the WCBS-DT feed on D* is also FUBAR, it's back to a SD feed.

It was a CBS problem.. With no Audio. They frantically memoed stations to make a change while they worked on it. They previously told us no 5 channel, that it would come in on channels 1 and 2, but they sent audio on channels 7 & 8 which no affilate was ready for and some could not switch to. We did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)