CBS HD Picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jeff123

Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
I just got the CBS HD channel turned on yesterday and noticed that the picture size was only a standard TV size with those gray bars on the side even though it was showing in HD 1080i. Every other HD channel I get was at 1080 and a full screen.

Is this a problem with my receiver settings, the channel itself, or just the show. I did play around with the aspect ratio setting of my receiver and when I stretched it, it looked awful.

The show that was on was Everybody Loves Raymond, but when I switched to my local OTA CBS HD channel, the picture was full screen and looked great.

Thanks.

Why don't you just use your local OTA if it looks so much better?

Don't you have to pay extra for the CBS HD distants anyways?

Sometimes my local HD get pixelation errors or something on it.

The HD CBS isn't any extra. You have to call and qualify for it.

Jeff,

I have never noticed the bars on the CBS-HD feed through Direct TV. Is it just happening on that show or all the shows? Are you positive you were on channel 80 or 81?

I was on channel 80. 81 still doesn't come in. Was I supposed to get that one also?

I'll try watching it again tonight to see what it looks like.

CWS_kahuna said:
Jeff,

I have never noticed the bars on the CBS-HD feed through Direct TV. Is it just happening on that show or all the shows? Are you positive you were on channel 80 or 81?

If they show news or something that is not HD, then you will get the bars or pillar box as they call them. Not everything is HD on there, also the HD picture quality has alot of artifacts. The football game on Saturday night looked awful. When they showed the players arms, etc. I could see lots of small blocks.

Lem52

I also noticed that the sound from 80 during the football game was only 2 channels, but my OTA broadcast was 3/2.

SD programming is pillar boxed. I also noticed the 2.0 audio on Saturday night's game. Haven't found an explanation. The previous week's game was in 5.1.

CSI Miami in SD

When I turned on Chanel 80 (CBS East) to watch CSI Miami on Monday it was in SD. I have not watched any other CBS HD programs since then. Don't know if it was just a problem that night or it still continues.

Only certain shows are in HD, not sure which ones. Check CSI tomorrow night at 9 eastern, I know that is HD.

CSI is definitely in HD but as said earlier by 1tonclub it was not shown in hd, a few other shows on my local feed were in hd and the new york feed was not. i think the NY feed must be having issues, just a guess on my part but the pic quality has not been as good lately and the sound has def been worse. Maybe it has to do with all the republicans being in one place ? LOL

CSI on CBS East HD Thursday

I watched CSI last night on Chanel 80 (CBS HD East). It came in HD so Monday's CSI Miami in SD must have been a "glitch." Looks like they have good days and bad days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)