Cbs-hd Waiver

ToUgHsPot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Would someone who had to write to request a waiver to receive CBS HD please PM a sample copy. It is required in order for me to receive these HD channels that I present Dishnet with a waiver letter from the O&O CBS here in Miami and I don't know exactly how to word it.

Thanks in advance for the assistance

I think we need clarification from someone who knows, and that sure isn't me. I live in the Miami market also. I was told by Dish that the waiver doesn't have to come from the Miami station, which is owner operated, but from the West Palm Beach CBS, which is privately owned. I can receive ota signals from both markets even though Dish has me in the Miami market for locals. I faxed the WPB CBS a request for a waiver 10 days ago and haven't heard a thing from them. I will call them tomorrow. :confused: :confused:

If anyone knows the real skinny, please post.

I got a waiver from WPEC in WPB a couple of weeks ago.

Contact Donn Colee at WPEC at dcolee@wpecnews12.com. Ask for a HD specific waiver. Email him your name and address and a fax number so it can be sent to you immediately.

His phone # is 561-881-0733.

WPEC is granting waivers for anybody who requests one.

IN my area, the CBS affilate had no DT channel so obviously there is no CBS HD. I do live in the GRADE A coverage of the analog station. Would I qualify for CBS HD? I sub to the locals.

And if you are in at least a Grade B area for any nearby CBS affiliate you need a waiver from those stations, even if you live in an O&O market.

specsmaker said:
Thanks Mike. I just e-mailed Colee. How long did it take him to respond?

Damn, that was quick!!!! I emailed Mr. Colee at 5:00PM yesterday and got a response at 10:18PM. IMPRESSIVE, very IMPRESSIVE !!!!!

I live in Wa state is there a map that shows what grade area you are in? Seattle in not an owned and operated city. Is there any way possible I can get this cbs-hd? On the dish web site it says you can also get it if you live in a white zone, how do I know if I live in a white zone? Thanks

Just Call Dish

If you call Dish, they will tell you what grade signal you receive based on your address. They just look it up in a database. Unfortunately, this data does take take topography into consideration. I live 18 miles east of the transmitter location, but have a tall hill in the way. (HD is broadcast on a UHF frequency which is a line-of-site type transmission.) Dish tells me I have a Grade A signal when in reality I can't pick up anything.

I tried to work with Dish to get a waiver from the Seattle CBS affiliate (KIRO), but had no luck. KIRO would only accept waiver requests from "the satellite service provider" - not an individual, and Dish refused to send a HD-specific request to KIRO. (They only send non-HD-specific requests. Go figure.)

I also tried to work with Dish to get a signal strength reading to prove I didn't have Grade A or B quality. That way I would not need a waiver. Dish refused to cooperate on this.

Bottom line is that I said "good bye" to Dish after 7 years and am now a Comcast high def customer. (My Comcast service has its own set of problems, but at least I get all of the networks in high def.)

Good luck.

I live in the Boston area which is also O&O but when I called E* they said I can't get, and they didn't give a reason :confused: But on there site they say Boston is able too. I got the dam India CSR's evertime I call.

So what do I have to do to get it free, or do I have to pay the 1.50 charge.

I have a waiver pending right now. I talked to dish CSR and she submitted a waiver for me on my part. I had to write/sign nothing. She said they are handling it for me. I checked on their site after logging in and it shows they submitted the waiver for me and is pending.

So maybe give that a shot, ask them to submit it for you! :cool:

I applied with my local CBS affiliate here in Houston and College Station over a year ago. I live 32 miles from downtown Houston and about 70 from College Station. That was what I was told I had to do, BOTH. Houston said no and College Station never replied.

DISH said they would apply for me again while I was setting up the Voom channels and said it would take up to 3 months. :(

A fax, an e-mail, then a phone call(voice mail), but I finally got my CBS waiver today. All told a week's wait. I just faxed it to dish, let's see how long it takes them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts