Cbs Itc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

awh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
Fri Dec 8 12:45:51 2006 COORDS-NETWORK
Attention All Regular Network Stations:

Due to technical difficulties...

EAST COAST STATIONS CAN FIND THE NETWORK ON IA 6/21 C-BAND ANALOG

WEST CAN FIND THE NETWORK ON IA 6/18 C-BAND ANALOG

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

Wow! It's been a long time since CBS east and west was in the clear. Hope it stays through the weekend :)

It's a private (closed) forum with discussion's about backhauls, wildfeeds, and other stuff not permitted in an open forum. WUT = What's Up There....

Al

Wouldn't the raw feed of any network be in the clear????

I noticed CBS was a little screwy today on CBS 4 in South Florida. (WFOR) As they bailed from the noon news for network programs, they had "Network difficulties" on their screen. Somethin odd must have happened.

Wouldn't the raw feed of any network be in the clear????

Not necessarily. One case I can think of was with the now former UPN network. Word got out about it, as well as a lot of pirated episodes of Enterprise, and all of a sudden the feed was encrypted.

I don't think it's a big deal anyway. I just checked and I'm getting nothing but static on both transponders. It was probably just up for a brief time while CBS worked out some problem.

Why do we tell people to post it in WUT when WUT doesn't exist? (for new people anyhow...or for old people like me who just got an FTA box)

Why do we tell people to post it in WUT when WUT doesn't exist? (for new people anyhow...or for old people like me who just got an FTA box)

My personal opinion is that feed information should never be posted in open forums. I think it's a good way to make those feeds disappear or to get them scrambled, which hurts all of us. If I'm not mistaken it's also against the forum rules. That said, I think it was an honest mistake by the OP. I don't think he knew he was doing anything wrong and probably felt he was helping people out.

The feeds in question were analog. Analog is not FTA. I see no reason to require analog feeds to be placed in the WUT area. Anyone uplinking an analog signal knows it can be seen by anyone with an analog satellite receiver. I suppose they could scramble it with Leitch, but I haven't seen that since ABC switched their feeds to digital.

The feeds in question were analog. Analog is not FTA. I see no reason to require analog feeds to be placed in the WUT area. Anyone uplinking an analog signal knows it can be seen by anyone with an analog satellite receiver. I suppose they could scramble it with Leitch, but I haven't seen that since ABC switched their feeds to digital.

I agree about analog not being scrambled, but if they think a lot of folks are watching a feed not meant for public consumption they might move it to digital and scramble it. I'm probably just overly paranoid about these things, but I'm a big subscriber to the "its better safe than sorry" theory. :)

I'm not in favor of posting feeds either....I just wanted to grumble about WUT being closed. :)

JerryK did have a good point though (which was not addressed).

If you are not a member of the WUT area (which many are not) then should people not post the information (at all) or should they pm it to a mod (so they could post it there if needed)?

There have been several feeds that I have considered contributing however I am not a member of the WUT forum and I was not sure if it would be good to post them (so I did not do so).

There have also been several times that what I thought was a "feed" was actually a new channel (or vice versa). At what point does a feed become a "channel" ?

Just a bit of musings I am not complainging (I dont like the feeds going away because someone puts them out there either).

I think analog feeds can be posted anywhere or in the WUT area if you are paranoid.
FTA mpeg2/dvb feeds and channels not shown on Lyngsat should be posted only in the WUT area.
Digicipher 2 and Videocipher feeds or channels not shown on Lyngsat should be posted only in the WUT area.

I'm not sure who approves WUT area memberships or what the requirements are, but posting new feeds or channels in the open won't help your chances.

I think analog feeds can be posted anywhere or in the WUT area if you are paranoid.
FTA mpeg2/dvb feeds and channels not shown on Lyngsat should be posted only in the WUT area.
Digicipher 2 and Videocipher feeds or channels not shown on Lyngsat should be posted only in the WUT area.

I'm not sure who approves WUT area memberships or what the requirements are, but posting new feeds or channels in the open won't help your chances.

Exactly!

Not a mod here but do have access to the WUT area, usually what happens is when something is posted publically, then someone who is just rude takes it either to the source of the feed or to lyngsat where all the industry guru's are watching, because they do not want you to see anything for free, then that feed plus the future feeds get encrypted, that is what the WUT area is for. If you are not a member of that area, then apply. But if you feel its necessary to post it publically be aware it may be deleted or moved from the public forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)