CBS' Jericho: A Familiar Story

Why would Western Kansas be a rally point for terrorists planting bombs in major cities all across the country??

Why not? Its centrally located in the middle of the country, and not near any other major bomb targets and relatively safe.

Why would Western Kansas be a rally point for terrorists planting bombs in major cities all across the country??

Why not? Its centrally located in the middle of the country, and not near any other major bomb targets and relatively safe.

Just that it doesn't seem likely that there would be a lot of bomb sites anywhere near other than Denver or Kansas City 400 miles east. Nothing at all to the north, and nothing until Dallas to the south.

now we know where they come from... Scumbags trying to get fed by.... :D... But it shows that sometimes Human Nature show its ugliness when in desperate situation....

now we know where they come from... Scumbags trying to get fed by.... :D... But it shows that sometimes Human Nature show its ugliness when in desperate situation....

I'll have to wait until I get home to understand what you are referring to, ... but I think you are right. the ugliness of human nature and the very best in human nature often come out at the same strange moments, witness New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina.

From Tvweek.com
March 15, 2007
'Jericho' to Reveal Whodunit

By Lisa D. Horowitz
Hang on, “Jericho fans: Executive producer Carol Barbee promises we’ll know “a large part” of who’s responsible for bombing the U.S. by the end of this season.

OAS_AD("Middle1");http://oas-central.realmedia.com/Re...PC_Lrec.gif/34303561393061623435346135333830?

At the Museum of TV & Radio’s William S. Paley Festival tribute to the CBS drama, Ms. Barbee also said the second season will offer “a lot about the American government coming back together,” – assuming there is a second season, she admitted. The suggestion drew wild applause from a small but enthusiastic audience Tuesday at the Directors Guild Theater in Hollywood.

Ms. Barbee said she was on a plane with star Skeet Ulrich last week when there were “a few bumpy moments,” and she realized she would be fine, “because Jake Green is here, he’ll help me!” Mr. Ulrich quipped, “You’d have to write it really fast!”

Co-creators and writers Josh Schaer and Jonathan E. Steinberg said they did plenty of research for the show, which is informed by the 9/11 attacks as well as Hurricane Katrina. They talked to Homeland Security officials, the Centers for Disease Control and others. “But as soon as the bombs go off, this is a universe that doesn’t exist,” Mr. Schaer said.

Also, they discovered, “We just keep asking questions [of the experts], and when they don’t have answers, that’s where our story is,” he added.

I finally saw this week's Jericho yesterday. That was a good episode. Both the Marines and the Hawkins plot.

So far the second half of the season has kicked butt over the first half. They have done a good job minimizing the soap opera, although I got a little nervous with Jake and the so-called Marine girl.

Well, it wasn't action-packed like previous weeks, but I thought the drama of tonight's show was pretty good; this show continues to develop in a positive way.

Yeah, soap opera with Hawkins, BUT dang, his daughter just killed that woman, he buried the body, and tried to push the law in another direction about the other dead guy.

And the hospital drama wasn't bad either.

And the preview for next week looks like the action will be back.:)

Well, it wasn't action-packed like previous weeks, but I thought the drama of tonight's show was pretty good; this show continues to develop in a positive way.

Yeah, soap opera with Hawkins, BUT dang, his daughter just killed that woman, he buried the body, and tried to push the law in another direction about the other dead guy.

And the hospital drama wasn't bad either.

And the preview for next week looks like the action will be back.:)

Yeah, I was afraid people were going to jump on this as a soap opera episode but I thought it was good, with drama, not soapy though!

Yeah, I was afraid people were going to jump on this as a soap opera episode but I thought it was good, with drama, not soapy though!

IN many ways we had a similar discussion a month ago about Battlestar Galactica; they ran three "soap opera" episodes in a row. But those episodes were important to tellign the story.

This episode served to bring out some of the reality of being isolated; one doctor; no really adequate medical facilities for a serious procedure; a shortage of medicine (which of course they have dealt with before), and the continual shortage of power...

And somebody died.

It was not seat-of-your-pants stuff, but it made for a good hour. I like this show more and more - which is a LOT MORE than I was saying in November.

CBS had a press release with spoilers for the season finale of most of its shows.

Here is what it said about Jericho:

Wednesday, May 9

(8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)

JERICHO -- One of the town's leaders will not survive when Jericho must defend itself against an attack by the citizens of the nearby city.

Not much of a spoiler, but it tells us how little time we have left before the summer drought.. :(

Please let it be Gray. I know he is there for dramatic purposes (what will he F up this week), but it is hard to root for stupid people to survive. Witness every slasher film form the last quarter century.....

A few theories......

Hawkins was playing both sides. Undercover for the feds (although they mentioned the really good fake FBI IDs the bombers had which puts him firmly in the baddies side... based on sneak peek from next week, we may finally learn his true motivations), but may have been flipped for money. Maybe he didn't realize the scope of what they were planning. Since he couldn't stop them realistically, maybe he figured grabbing his family and running was his only option.

Much like Oklahoma City, we will be surprised to discover that wacko Americans are responsible instead of foreign entities. The nukes launched by us in response will be seen as a knee jerk reaction to the attacks and launched against the usual suspects (North Korea and Iran) or as a warning to other countries to not take advantage of us in our weakened condition.

Since the Feds have bigger fish to fry, Jericho will be left on its own for a while. They made a mistake letting time pass somewhat in normal time (they are midwinter now). If they went the Lost route, they could stretch this thing for several years. It will be hard to believe that they are still pretty much disconnected several years from now, as they need to be for the show to continue..

In reality, there would have been more cargo drops bringing communication equipment and supplies. Pamphlets at least telling what happened..

But then things wouldn't be as dramatic as those little glimpses of news on that board at the trading post town were....

Still worth watching though.....

Good theories.. hard to say though. The thing about Hawkins is that he seems more credible as a spy pretending to be a terrorist than as a terrorist. But I have no idea how it will play out.

I did like last night's episode though. It was entertaining.

I'd like the new mayor to bite it; but in some ways his obnoxious character adds to the conflict.

One or the other the fit hits the shan next week, as Barney Fife with a spare tire figures out that the fake FBI ID talk and Hawkins go together.

He doesn't fit a terrorists' MO though..... Most turn their back on family,... he's way too concerned with them to be one....

Finally, some answers!!!

If he was telling the truth, then I was right that he was infiltrating the terrorists.

But I am sure there are things he didn't tell Jake...

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno! Part Deux

24 Hours on Earth BBCA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)