CBS' Jericho: A Familiar Story

Most excellent episode this week. This show has done a complete 180 from the crap they were showing last fall.

Jake and Eric are in quite the bind, I'd say. Of course, Hawkins will probably be there to rescue them!

I agree.... The neighboring town gathering ammo for an attack was great.... The deaf sister with the loser boyfriend... not so much.

More 24-esque storylines, less soap opera. I hope they renew this show... supposedly it is likely to come back....

I agree.... The neighboring town gathering ammo for an attack was great.... The deaf sister with the loser boyfriend... not so much.

More 24-esque storylines, less soap opera. I hope they renew this show... supposedly it is likely to come back....

I thought the deaf girl story actually added a little comic relief; and it was ok. Not everything can be at 24 pace. Stanley had been gone for several weeks; and this is what he returned to...

I don't believe that the Internet is available so what exactly is he doing?

Internet is designed to survive a nuclear attack, but obviously many "local" servers and ISPs would drop, leaving those who don't know how to connect or where to go with limited access.

Hawkins appears to hook up via satellite with his own computer, although I'm not certain what the small handheld device he got from the girl may be using.

wow, never would have thought the guy who played hawkins was a britt. he does a good job of covering up his accent.

show is great! like it alot. have to think the tank in the barn is going to come into play soon.

I've been trying to remember where I've seen Hawkins before. Last night I was at my sisters and they were about to watch "Lost in Space" (the movie), and he was Don's friend (whom Don saved) in the space battle scene at the beginning of the movie. And later they found a recording of him on a ghost ship from the future, he was on a mission looking for the Jupiter 2, and had been promoted to a rank higher than Don's.

Al

I don't believe that the Internet is available so what exactly is he doing?

Internet is designed to survive a nuclear attack, but obviously many "local" servers and ISPs would drop, leaving those who don't know how to connect or where to go with limited access.

Hawkins appears to hook up via satellite with his own computer, although I'm not certain what the small handheld device he got from the girl may be using.

The Internet was not designed to survive a nuclear attack. What it was for (DARPANET) was that the government had regional mainframes and since they were all peers on the network they could easily transfer data between nodes and therefore if one or more datacenters were destroyed the data would be on one or more other nodes(mainframes). IBM now calls these datacenters GEOPLEXES

Enjoy it folks. Next week is the season finale. Just hope its not like Surface and the finale is the end.

The trailer for next week suggests who dies... :(

This is my first post in the Jericho thread. I'm loving this whole season. Looking forward to a season 2. (At least I hope there is a season 2). This is one of CBS's better programs.

Still not renewed yet, but the network is supposedly leaning towards doing so....

A good link to keep an eye on offscreen developments....

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=jericho

P.S. I saw a flash of the tank in the "coming next week" (Skeet standing in front of something that lookslike a tank, unless I'm imagining things)....

I see your 200 mortars and raise you a dozen artillery shells..... BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno! Part Deux

24 Hours on Earth BBCA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)