CBS March Madness Basketball

My local sports radio station has been up in arms about last weekends CBS feed of the tournament. According to one of the hosts, CBS had a bandwidth problem with so many games to cover. They sent the feed in standard definition for use by cities which carried a game from start to finish (i.e. local team), and sent the feed in HD for use in markets where the game wasn't fixed. I noticed this in the Washington DC area where the Maryland game was in standard definition, regardless of whether you were using OTA or the Satellite. The bandwidth issue might also explain why some of the broadcasts were almost unwatchable.

The games I saw looked good OTA from the DFW station. They do not multicast, so the entire bandwidth is available for the HD broadcast. The thing I found annoying was the switch to SD for parts of the Texas game when the network was showing a different game.

I was watching CBS OTA through my 622.
Long range and still shots looked great (especially after having to watch the ACC tourney in SD a few days earlier) but every time the action started to move or the camera zoomed in, the image became blocky. very frustrating...
i was wondering if it was a local issue with the greenville,sc affiliate or a nationwide CBS problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)