CBS not in HD?

adam612

Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
I'm planning on upgrading from Standard Dish to HD Dish in a few weeks when I move to a new house, but I just noticed on the Dish website that CBS is not listed on the local HD channels.

Is there a reason for this?

As a Jets fan, I was planning on watching Jets games this fall on CBS on a new and expensive TV I bought....

Am I out of luck?

Do you have CBS offered in HD in your area? If so, you should be able to pick it up in HD over the air. I am not sure if Dish still offers CBS-HD at all or not. If they do, it is only for people in CBS Owned and Operated areas, and for people that aren't in any CBS affiliates DMA.

Dish also may offer CBS-HD of your local affiliate as a LIL (local in local) channel. You'll have to check and see if it is available for your market from Dish.

Sean Dudley

Do you have CBS offered in HD in your area? If so, you should be able to pick it up in HD over the air. I am not sure if Dish still offers CBS-HD at all or not. If they do, it is only for people in CBS Owned and Operated areas, and for people that aren't in any CBS affiliates DMA.

Dish also may offer CBS-HD of your local affiliate as a LIL (local in local) channel. You'll have to check and see if it is available for your market from Dish.

Sean Dudley

The CBS HD channel you are referring to was taken off due to the Distant Local court ruling last year. If the OP thought he would be able to the Jets in HD on that channel, the games were blacked out unless you were in the NY dma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts