cbs on dvr

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
Last week I recorded ncis on cbs and when I played it back the picture kept going in and out and was fuzzy.

Now tonight I did the same thing and for the first half of the show the audio was very low and hard to hear but the music was still very loud. Then it came back fine.

I am wondering what is going on and if anything I could do tofix it.

Thanks in advance!

Is this OTA or via Dish? What city are you receiving CBS from? Do you ever watch live? If so do you see the same symptoms? What DVR are you using?

In the DOLBY DIGITAL setup options, you have LINE and RF.

Line sends 5.1 through and it may sound like the conversations are quieter than the surrounding audio. RF will send 2.0 stereo and will make the conversations louder. I think I read this is true for analog only though. I don't know as I use Line over optical to my Home Theater receiver.

dvr

I am using a 622 and no ota. It is being recorded from locals through dish. Charlotte locals. I have watched it live before not just the last two weeks. Thanks.

I can now not watch anything I am recording on CBS 42. It started last night with two and a half men and then tonight with ncis and then the mentalist. The 722 DVR says the show is there and has the time correct but when I hit start it just goes straight to the end and does not play. I tried rebooting the 722 and tried to record without a trace. I recorded about a minute while watching it and there were no picture issues while watching but when I stopped and tried to play the recorded file it would not play. It is definitely CBS 42 because it does this on my 622 also and does this whether I use over the air or threw dish. I do not have this issue with any other channel

I am using a 622 and no ota. It is being recorded from locals through dish. Charlotte locals. I have watched it live before not just the last two weeks. Thanks.
I also recorded NCIS in the Charlotte area. As you mentioned the sound was inconsistent until after the first commercial then it cleared up. The Mentalist and all other CBS shows from other dates had no problems. :confused: I had a new LNB installed today and my first thought was that may have been the problem but if others are having the same problem I guess that has nothing to do with the problem

I can now not watch anything I am recording on CBS 42. It started last night with two and a half men and then tonight with ncis and then the mentalist. The 722 DVR says the show is there and has the time correct but when I hit start it just goes straight to the end and does not play. I tried rebooting the 722 and tried to record without a trace. I recorded about a minute while watching it and there were no picture issues while watching but when I stopped and tried to play the recorded file it would not play. It is definitely CBS 42 because it does this on my 622 also and does this whether I use over the air or threw dish. I do not have this issue with any other channel

I am in the Birmingham Alabama area and had the exact same thing happen tonight with NCIS and Mentalist. I proceeded to try to record a show that was on right then for a couple of minutes and it did the same thing. I effectively can't record anything on CBS through DISH. I was having bad artifacting issues previously on CBS and it seemed as though that cleared up and now this is going on. The strange thing is when watching live it seems fine.

I had the same thing happen with Hero's, Oct 6th and Life, Oct 10th (NBC). My 722 says the show is there and has the time correct but when I hit start it just goes straight to the end and does not play. I tried rebooting my 722 and and then tried to watch them and still a no-go. I have the same show's recorded after those dates and they work fine. Don't understand what happened.

I am in the Birmingham Alabama area and had the exact same thing happen tonight with NCIS and Mentalist. I proceeded to try to record a show that was on right then for a couple of minutes and it did the same thing. I effectively can't record anything on CBS through DISH. I was having bad artifacting issues previously on CBS and it seemed as though that cleared up and now this is going on. The strange thing is when watching live it seems fine.

Yep. Same here. I think out problem is isolated within the CBS 42 hd area.

It is fine on Direct but Dish CBS 42 hd heavy pixels. May be the reason we cannot record. Send Dish a email at dishquality@echostar.com.

I looked into this a little more last night and I can't even pause on CBS. If I pause once i unpause it goes straight to live TV. I also checked my over the air HD CBS and it works fine. This is one of the strangest things I have seen. I am not sure how one channel doesn't work.

Hissing off of 522

Dish sat 110 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)