CBS stations return to DISH

The campaign has stopped I would think you are OKAY
Well, we lost CBS (WSEEP) last Tuesday, and still nothing today. I hope you are right and Dish uplinks CBS this afternoon. Already lost some recording chances. But upon further checking, WSEE is still on dispute, according to http://dishisonyourside.com

WSEE has the worst picture quality of all my HD stations, sports are a pain to watch, so I wouldn't mind if Dish replaces it with any other CBS station. Don't think it would happen though.

Reactions: space86
Well, we lost CBS (WSEEP) last Tuesday, and still nothing today. I hope you are right and Dish uplinks CBS this afternoon. Already lost some recording chances. But upon further checking, WSEE is still on dispute, according to http://dishisonyourside.com

WSEE has the worst picture quality of all my HD stations, sports are a pain to watch, so I wouldn't mind if Dish replaces it with any other CBS station. Don't think it would happen though.

WSEE is owned by Lilly broadcasting and is different than this thread This discussion is about CBS O&O stations

Is there any way to use a basic cable feed (no converter box) as an OTA?
Depends on the cable system. It appears that more and more are moving to digital-only. My parents have Time Warner and have a pretty basic package and a couple of months ago, TW moved more and more channels to digital feed and require a (free) converter box.

Have you ever connected your cable feed to your TV and did a full channel (digital) scan ? In the past, if you didn't do a digital scan, you'd only get the analog channel, like "5". If you include digital channels, you'd get QAM channels, which would be "5-1", "5-2", "12-1", and so on (those channel numbers are made up and not specifically for your area).

Depends on the cable system. It appears that more and more are moving to digital-only. My parents have Time Warner and have a pretty basic package and a couple of months ago, TW moved more and more channels to digital feed and require a (free) converter box.

Have you ever connected your cable feed to your TV and did a full channel (digital) scan ? In the past, if you didn't do a digital scan, you'd only get the analog channel, like "5". If you include digital channels, you'd get QAM channels, which would be "5-1", "5-2", "12-1", and so on (those channel numbers are made up and not specifically for your area).
Our TW puts out a bunch of digital channels in the clear, including the locals. The channel IDs may/may not match up after the scan. So your local channel that advertises itself as "5-1", you may need to actually tune to 72-163 in order to pick it up. Or you may be able to enter 5-1.

Channel numbers made up.

Our TW puts out a bunch of digital channels in the clear, including the locals. The channel IDs may/may not match up after the scan. So your local channel that advertises itself as "5-1", you may need to actually tune to 72-163 in order to pick it up. Or you may be able to enter 5-1.
They used to do that too but a couple of years ago they fixed it by remapping them nicely. In the past, the local NBC, for example, was (analog) channel 5 but the digital channel number was 97-4 or some random crap like that. Now it's 5-1 and 5-2.

They used to do that too but a couple of years ago they fixed it by remapping them nicely. In the past, the local NBC, for example, was (analog) channel 5 but the digital channel number was 97-4 or some random crap like that. Now it's 5-1 and 5-2.
Our current lineup has the channels at their "normal" position, but I didn't want to make the claim that that's how it is across the country.

This is the reason that Networks should NOT be able to own the local stations. or . . . distributors should not be able to own both ends, i.e. Comcast & NBC?
The local area, Portland, OR Comcast has a sports channel CSN, which carries the TrailBlazers, the only cable system carrying them that I know of is Comcast, here in my rural area Dish or Charter cable doesn't carry it.
Oh Comcast makes it available but at a price that no one is going to swallow. They meet the letter of the law but not the spirit.

The dishisonyourside.com website this morning said that there were no disputes in my zipcode, but now it lists my local CBS station as well as Showtime. The http://keepcbs.com/ website is still up and running as well with Chicago's CBS channel. I was reading the FAQ, and it says that Showtime and CBS Sports Network may be lost as well. Had no idea CBS Sports Network was even in question. Will be interesting to see what happens later tonight.

The dishisonyourside.com website this morning said that there were no disputes in my zipcode, but now it lists my local CBS station as well as Showtime. The http://keepcbs.com/ website is still up and running as well with Chicago's CBS channel. I was reading the FAQ, and it says that Showtime and CBS Sports Network may be lost as well. Had no idea CBS Sports Network was even in question. Will be interesting to see what happens later tonight.

The CBS Chicago site has the dish campaign removed

CBS, Dish Agree To Extension
In what seems to be a sign that the two parties are getting closer to reaching an agreement, CBS has agreed to a short term extension of its current carriage agreement with Dish Network as it continues to try to hammer out a deal.

Neither side would provide details – CBS only issued a terse statement that it has agreed to a short term extension. But according to sources familiar with both companies, CBS’ carriage deal – which also includes cable channels Showtime and CBS Sports Network – was set to expire tonight [Nov. 20] and the extension is until the afternoon/evening of Nov. 25 [Tuesday].

multichannel.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)