CBS stations return to DISH

Not sure how much more clear I can make that. Let's try again. Your post makes no sense in the English language. Can you repost, but this time, review it before hitting send, by reading it back to yourself out loud. Is that more clear?
He said he saw a scroll across his TV that said he may lose his CBS channel..really not that hard to understand

Reactions: stardust3
I bet some Dish customers are already pissed with losing Turner channel's for a while and just need another mishap to drop it completely
This would be it if they lose football if their CBS is O&O.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It's the locals that are owned by the station. In this case, CBS owns and operates a few stations in the country. Then you have affiliates, such as tribune and Raycom who operate the stations, and have seperate contracts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417306538.111679.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobvick
The point I was attempting to make earlier was; I saw a scroll running across my NBC channel last evening saying, our Bay Area/Northern California, Comcast Sports Net Channel 41209 was in danger of going dark Monday do to a dispute with Dish TV... Just more of the same, but more specifically the channel carries the San Francisco Giants games, 49er football media events, local sports personalities, etc.

I really think this constant barrage of disputes between Dish TV and whoever has become troubling for the paying customer. Like many I enjoy the Dish equipment and system, but these disputes have complicated my thinking in regard to the reliability and viability of Dish TV. Obviously Dish TV is having issues on multiple fronts with it's providers of programming. If there were only a single dispute I could chalk that up to a broken negotiation, but multiple disputes suggest a deeper inner company problem coupled with programer relations.
Perhaps I should have started a new thread for the Bay Area viewers, but I feel the issues are relevant to everyone. So sorry for the confusion by some earlier.

The point I was attempting to make earlier was; I saw a scroll running across my NBC channel last evening saying, our Bay Area/Northern California, Comcast Sports Net Channel 41209 was in danger of going dark Monday do to a dispute with Dish TV... Just more of the same, but more specifically the channel carries the San Francisco Giants games, 49er football media events, local sports personalities, etc.

I really think this constant barrage of disputes between Dish TV and whoever has become troubling for the paying customer. Like many I enjoy the Dish equipment and system, but these disputes have complicated my thinking in regard to the reliability and viability of Dish TV. Obviously Dish TV is having issues on multiple fronts with it's providers of programming. If there were only a single dispute I could chalk that up to a broken negotiation, but multiple disputes suggest a deeper inner company problem coupled with programer relations.
Perhaps I should have started a new thread for the Bay Area viewers, but I feel the issues are relevant to everyone. So sorry for the confusion by some earlier.

You act like you are new around here, which you are not. These disputes affect mostly those who chose be bothered, and like to mouth off about it. To some of us, these disputes are just a passing thing which will ultimately be resolved and we save our breath for other things.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadT41
It does seem as if they are on the same page right now, and hoping they do settle. There are a lot of features CBS has offered other companies in the past, that I'm sure a lot of us would love to see on dish. If they are not to be offered on Dish, then I sure hope dish is getting a much better rate on the channels than the other companies.

You act like you are new around here, which you are not. These disputes affect mostly those who chose be bothered, and like to mouth off about it. To some of us, these disputes are just a passing thing which will ultimately be resolved and we save out breath for other things.
I think this is a little different. Oh and I may not be new here but I still dislike the bull s**t Dish Dishes out every-time they have disputes.
On the other hand I'm glad you consider yourself above it...I'm not.

Given that there are extensions it looks like they are closing in on a deal. I hope it closes before any channels are pulled.
Or neither wanted the headache of a blackout and continued negotiations over Thanksgiving weekend. Think of the press if it were announced negotiations were on hold over the weekend and their mutual customers were blacked out missing their football.

I wouldn't read too much into it. I'd still bet the stations go dark for at least a few days.

I think this is a little different. Oh and I may not be new here but I still dislike the bull s**t Dish Dishes out every-time they have disputes.
On the other hand I'm glad you consider yourself above it...I'm not.
Yeah, I hate the bull s**t the stations dish out as well. Isn't that the bull s**t scroll you read on your screen, from the station?

Yeah, I hate the bull s**t the stations dish out as well. Isn't that the bull s**t scroll you read on your screen, from the station?
It was on NBC SF, they carry some Giants games also and are affiliated in someway with Comcast Sports net. The scroll was amateurish looking and grainy....weird.

After watching a comedy sketch about Comcast I guess they truly don't give a f**k which
they should come out and say it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Obviously Dish TV is having issues on multiple fronts with it's providers of programming. If there were only a single dispute I could chalk that up to a broken negotiation, but multiple disputes suggest a deeper inner company problem coupled with programer relations.
The only thing I read into this is that Dish unfortunately has all these contracts expiring at the same time. So far it has been only a single dispute since only turner channels went dark. The likelihood of it remaining a single dispute is low. But I don't attribute that to a deeper Dish problem. Both CBS and Comcast want a lot of money, Dish isn't just going to agree to that. Ideally it's resolved without a dispute, but in the long run, a dispute that keeps overall cost down is probably better for both Dish and consumers.

Reactions: KAB and ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)