CBS stations return to DISH

So let me get this straight... No CBS, aka patriots, and I just went searching for the Celtics and they dropped Comcast sports?!?! What the f?????

I'm thinking I made a huge mistake going back to dish..... :-(

You don't have it straight so I will help. Patriots are not on CBS they will be on NBC. Comcast was pulled weeks ago, so I would say you have not turned to that station in all this time...

Dish is stretching the truth on WCBS in New York. They make it sound like a technical difficulty
850;478;4db65885d549d56ce9219b78874b87b265fc767c.jpg

i went to the supervisor and he offered me 10 for three months and i took it i tried 15 for three months and he could not do it so i tried the best i can.let me know what you guys do on the chat line.

Actually you don't know if that is stretching the truth. And likely the real slate just hasn't been put up yet. Remember this isn't one channel, like if it was AMC, they have several all different channels that would need the slate added.
And beyond that the last word was they had till Sunday night so it may have happened all of a sudden.

And beyond that the last word was they had till Sunday night so it may have happened all of a sudden.
And that word was from CBS this morning. They said they would pull the plug just after the opening of 60 minutes on Sunday.

I think this was a surprise. DISH didn't even have their barker channels uplinked to flip over to.

Reactions: Tampa8
And how do we know CBS is taking the hardline and not willing to negotiate? Is it not possible Dish is being the stubborn one? Or they're both being stubborn.

FWIW, an article about the possible blackout in USA said they've been negotiating (unsuccessfully) for 6 months.
Because Les Moonves has stated many times that he and affiliates need to get [tough] on negotiations and it aint hes fault if affiliates don't get all they can squeeze from MVPD's. In fact, in a total turn-around of industry norm, Les has instituted charge or cash back TO CBS because the affiliate should have gotten more money from MVPD's. Les Moonves is an anti-consumer creep who scuttled any journalistic ethics from CNET and forgets that he is broadcaster with obligations that other channels do not have.

Reactions: TheKrell and Jim S.
You don't have it straight so I will help. Patriots are not on CBS they will be on NBC. Comcast was pulled weeks ago, so I would say you have not turned to that station in all this time...

E
Well, yes they have a week on CBS since it is a Sunday night game on NBC. Then back to CBS the following Sunday against the dolphins.

And yes haven't had time for the Celtics till tonight and apparently that isn't happening...

Les Moonves is an anti-consumer creep who scuttled any journalistic ethics from CNET and forgets that he is broadcaster with obligations that other channels do not have.
I believe it was Les who said anyone who gets up to go to the bathroom or get a snack which commercials are on are stealing from him.

Sounds like he's as much of a loon as those who would make it illegal to resell books or CDs. Actually even more of one, because no matter how many commercials I watch, I'm not going to buy anything I don't want.

In the San Francisco Bay Area KBCW the cw is off. KPIX is the CBS and that is gone

Does CBS own more than one stations in other areas?
yes
markets with more than one station owned by CBS (besides the CBS)
LA (KCAL)
NY (WLNY Ind)
Philly (CW)
Dallas (KTXA Ind)
San Fran
Boston (WSBK)
Sacramento (CW)
Detroit (CW)
Miami (My)
Pittsburgh (CW)

non CBS stations owned by CBS in a market
Atlanta & Seattle (CW)

I hadn't realized that to get all the CBS primetime shows, you do not need to have a Cable(Satellite) subscription to buy the monthly access. So anyone threatening to leave only over losing CBS for awhile doesn't really have to unless they don't have a good internet connection.

More importantly, I wonder how much this new CBS service was part of the negotiations. DISH was very aware of AMC having it's programs available online and felt it was in competition to them. Meaning if DISH dropped them subscribers would not leave in large numbers since it was easy to get the programs online.

Dish Network subscribers lost programming from CBS-owned stations at 7 PM ET/ 4 PM PT. The network says that the No. 2 satellite company “has dragged its feet at our many attempts to negotiate in good faith,” after six months of talks and two contract extensions. It adds that it hopes “that we can reach an agreement very soon so we can all get back to the business of providing the best entertainment, news and sports to the Dish customers we both serve.

deadline.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)