CBS stations return to DISH

After failing to come terms, the Dish-CBS contretemps has resulted in darkness to the DBS provider’s subscribers in Los Angeles (CBS ), New York (WCBS), Chicago (WBBM); Boston (WBZ), Philadephia ( KYW); Minneapolis (WCCO), Miami (WFOR) Baltimore (WJZ), Detroit (WWJ) Denver (KCNC), Pittsburgh (KDKA), Sacramento (KOVR) San Francisco (KPIX) and Dallas (KTVT).

Seven CW stations in Atlanta, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Sacramento, San Francisco and Seattle are also blacked out, as are three independents in Dallas, Los Angeles and New York, plus a pair of MyNetworkTV affiliates in Boston and Miami.

multichannel.com

Quite honestly, in my opinion, CBS is only shooting themselves in the foot if they remove Showtime. I get that they are banking on subs flipping their lids and switching providers, but seriously? That's still automatically money out of their pockets at the start.

This sucks,I did not realize my cw was also going to go dark. My wife is going to freak out. I can get CBS with antenna, but just barely and sometime not at all. Cw on the other hand not at all. Grrr

Actually it is not really that bad. Friday & Saturday nights are the least watched nights. Perhaps they will resolve by Sunday.

I agree, however time is not on dish's side. They really can't let this drag out for long.

Reactions: Tampa8
Wonder how long until we lose guide data and it becomes really really inconvenient to setup off air recording.

They should offer NFL Red Zone free to all customers until this ends, at least that would mostly cover Sunday

Reactions: Tampa8
I haven't seen their Facebook page, but this has been a relatively calm takedown across Internet playforms.

CBS goes dark for Dish subscribers in major markets
Dec 5 2014, 21:54 ET | About: CBS Corporation (CBS) | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

CBS (NYSE:CBS) pulls the plug on programming for Dish Networks (NASDAQ:DISH) subscribers in 26 markets including New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
The two sides haven't been able to work out a deal on carriage fees and are bickering over Dish's ad-skipping technology.
CBS stations owned by outside interests are still carried on Dish
The strong slate of shows on the Eye Network and its coverage of NFL football makes this standoff a bit more high stakes than most, note media analysts.
http://seekingalpha.com/news/2164275-cbs-goes-dark-for-dish-subscribers-in-major-markets#email_link

Chicago Tribune reports that part of the issue is CBS Sports Network:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-dish-cbs-1206-met-20141205-story.html

"We are disappointed that CBS has chosen to black out their local channels, but remain optimistic that the channels will return quickly as both sides are continuing to work tonight to finalize an agreement," Dish said in a statement Friday night. In its statement, the satellite TV provider said the impasse is due to "the unrelated" CBS Sports Network but declined to elaborate. CBS-owned Showtime remains available and is not subject to the blackout, according to Dish

I just chatted with customer service and received a credit of $5 a month for 6 month.

I still have over the air from Miami and West Palm Beach.

I believe it was Les who said anyone who gets up to go to the bathroom or get a snack which commercials are on are stealing from him.
While I do watch some of his shows, I make it a point to never watch any of his commercials. Or almost any commercials for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jim S.
dish-logo.jpg

UPDATE ON CBS.
Tonight, CBS blocked DISH customers’ access to their CBS local channels in 18 markets.Conversations continue with CBS Corporation. We are working around the clock and are hopeful that our customers’ CBS local channels will be restored as soon as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)