CBS stations return to DISH

Chicago Tribune reports that part of the issue is CBS Sports Network:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-dish-cbs-1206-met-20141205-story.html

"We are disappointed that CBS has chosen to black out their local channels, but remain optimistic that the channels will return quickly as both sides are continuing to work tonight to finalize an agreement," Dish said in a statement Friday night. In its statement, the satellite TV provider said the impasse is due to "the unrelated" CBS Sports Network but declined to elaborate. CBS-owned Showtime remains available and is not subject to the blackout, according to Dish

I wonder if CBS wants sports network in a lower tier like 120

This sucks,I did not realize my cw was also going to go dark. My wife is going to freak out. I can get CBS with antenna, but just barely and sometime not at all. Cw on the other hand not at all. Grrr

I can watch these shows on my Xbox one via either Hulu Plus or the CW app. Have to figure a way to stream CBS. Hooked up a leaf 50 antenna trying to get CBS but that didn't work (42 miles from transmitter).

Just going to throw this out for what it's worth.. If you have internet via TWC (or someone else) you might want to try putting a splitter on the cable and feed it to you TV. Do a scan and see if you can pickup the QAM channel for CBS. It works in my area where I can get all 4 major networks off cable. I understand that it will not work however in some areas....
Gerry

The channel on dish about CBS is gone. The dish on your side website and Facebook pages have not been updated though. I would venture a guess that the deal is done though.

We people in the country need a break and maybe this is it. The big cities have super fast internet with several providers to choose from but out here we only have one cable company with a top speed of 6Mb (and even that is at a premium price). Because of slow and unreliable connections, HD streaming is out. We also need towers (mine is 60' tall!), deep fringe antennas, rotors, boosters, etc. just to try to get "locals" on a good day, which is not a problem in metro areas. People in cities have options we in the country do not have.

I am not affected by the CBS blackout because no one cares about this small market I'm in. By pulling programming away from big cities, we in the country can continue to get it. So I say that Dish and CBS (and all other similar disputes) should compromise by pulling programming from the big markets but keeping them where they don't cost much, like they are doing right now. That way Charlie (and customers) won't have to pay as much and CBS will still have some sort of presence on DISH. Yep, that is a deal I can live with!!

Reactions: bobvick
http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/cbs-and-dish-reach-content-carriage-agreement

Interesting Information - "CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and DISH Network L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), have reached a multi-year agreement for carriage of CBS owned stations across the country, as well as CBS Sports Network, Smithsonian Channel, TVGN and Showtime Networks, which includes Showtime TV Everywhere and Video-on-Demand rights. The agreement will result in dismissal of all pending litigation between the two companies, including disputes over PrimeTime Anytime and AutoHop. As part of the accord, DISH’s AutoHop commercial-skipping functionality will not be available for CBS Television Network-owned stations and affiliates during the C7 window."

Reactions: stardust3
http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/cbs-and-dish-reach-content-carriage-agreement

Dish press release saying they have an agreement. ABC's 3 day autohop not good enough for CBS who gets 7days... I wonder if ABC has a favored nations clause on the autohop?

Showtime Anytime coming to Dish too...

Dish gets their TV everywhere rights too.

So, less than 12 hour blackout?

NEW YORK & ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and DISH Network L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), have reached a multi-year agreement for carriage of CBS owned stations across the country, as well as CBS Sports Network, Smithsonian Channel, TVGN and Showtime Networks, which includes Showtime TV Everywhere and Video-on-Demand rights.

“We are very pleased with this deal, which meets all of our economic and strategic objectives,” said Ray Hopkins, President, Television Networks Distribution, CBS Corporation. “We look forward to having DISH as a valued partner for many years to come.”

“We are pleased to continue delivering CBS programming to our customers, while expanding their digital access to Showtime content through Showtime Anytime,” said Warren Schlichting, DISH Senior Vice President, Programming.

Yay!!! I was just about to start a chat with them and complain. While I could care less about CBS, I do not believe in paying for something that I'm not getting so I was about to see what Dish had planned to do for their customers. I'm so glad I checked this thread first. Thanks!

So the abc three day Autohop never had started for me, so I am guessing the 7 day CBS will when the deal kicks in as my CBS was one of the ones dropped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts