CBS stations return to DISH

If it does happen, same here lucky that my local CBS does come in OTA if I have the need to watch some cbs, on the other end Dish has been good with credits and such during these issues I think

Station affected are

KCBS TV
KCAL TV
KOVR TV
KMAX TV
KPIX TV
KBCW TV
KCNC TV
KFOR TV
KBFS TV
WTOG TV
WUPA TV
WBBM TV
WBXI CA
WJZ TV
WBZ TV
WSBK TV
WWJ TV
WKBD TV
KCCO TV
WCCO TV
KCCO TV
WCBS TV
WLNY TV
KYW TV
WPSG TV
KDKA TV
WPCW TV
KTVT TV
KTXA TV
KSTW Tv

I noticed it also affects our WKBD CW as well, not a huge loss and also via OTA

For those also in metro Detroit remember when WKBD showed wings and tiger games

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102146206

CBS looking for more than $2 per subscriber by the time the contract ends. Are there other cable stations, such as CBS Sports Network or Showtime, that would be effected? I know no one knows that answer, but I noticed that on Dish's site, Dish is now including Blockbuster free for 3 months with HBO, Cinemax, and Starz instead of Showtime. And on the premium page, for the multiple premium discounts, Showtime isn't listed anywhere.

Another interesting tidbit in that article is that negotiations for TBS and TNT are expected to begin in a couple of weeks.

I noticed it also affects our WKBD CW as well, not a huge loss and also via OTA

For those also in metro Detroit remember when WKBD showed wings and tiger games

Both stations are CBS owned and operate out of WKBD's studio in Southfield

Back in those days WKBD showing the Redwings, the signal was microwaved through three states including all of the UP. It was only available on cable out of the home market

The question here is if the channels are dropped who is to blame? CBS for wanting too much or DISH who is trying to keep their rates down for everyone?

How much is too much.

Saving Satellite or Cable is great but its useless if it does not carry the channels you want to watch.

CBS looking for more than $2 per subscriber by the time the contract ends. Are there other cable stations, such as CBS Sports Network or Showtime, that would be effected? I know no one knows that answer, but I noticed that on Dish's site, Dish is now including Blockbuster free for 3 months with HBO, Cinemax, and Starz instead of Showtime. And on the premium page, for the multiple premium discounts, Showtime isn't listed anywhere.

Another interesting tidbit in that article is that negotiations for TBS and TNT are expected to begin in a couple of weeks.

Showtime shouldn't be any part of this as it is a premium. And frankly the Showtime Anytime should have been included when it came out as the price charged for the Showtime/TMC package is the same on virtually all providers. I actually blame Showtime for being such cheap mamzers by not including it. Might explain why Showtime Anytime is nearly a dud as streaming goes since so few can actually use it and it is on fewer set top boxes.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

Are there other cable stations, such as CBS Sports Network or Showtime, that would be effected? I know no one knows that answer, but I noticed that on Dish's site, Dish is now including Blockbuster free for 3 months with HBO, Cinemax, and Starz instead of Showtime. And on the premium page, for the multiple premium discounts, Showtime isn't listed anywhere.
I noticed that also on the dish site. I was wondering why showtime is missing. I thought that cbs and showtime were different entities. I thought showtime networks covered showtime, the movie channel, flix, and smithsonian channel and cbs covered cbs, the cw, cbs college sports, and tv guide network (now TVGN)

CBS is my least favorite of the major networks but even if I did care it doesn't affect me since I have OTA on both of my Hoppers.

I rarely watch it for football now that I have the Redzone and when my Bears play I usually go to the local watering hole to watch it with friends. Trust me, I would not feel the need to change anything if I lost that channel plus I still get it with my antenna anyway.

The question here is if the channels are dropped who is to blame? CBS for wanting too much or DISH who is trying to keep their rates down for everyone?

How much is too much.

Saving Satellite or Cable is great but its useless if it does not carry the channels you want to watch.
CBS is totally to blame. Anyone that wants to install an antenna can watch CBS for Free. Dish network is doing CBS a favor by including them in their channel line up. I do not think Dish should have to pay CBS anything because by Dish carrying their stations more people will watch and CBS can sell advertising for more money. If anything CBS should be giving Dish a cut of the additional ad revenues they get because of the expanded audience they get by being on dish vs OTA only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts