CBS stations return to DISH

CBS would be crazy to blackout this month. They are offering a one month free trial cyber Monday deal for their new streaming service with on demand after one day. I won't even have to pay anything to watch while the fight goes on and if it drags out $5.99 mo. for January, February...
He most telling thing is that CBS thinks its streaming content WITH commercials is worth $6/month (and last I read,this doesn't even include all episodes of current shows). Can you imagine where satellite/cable bills would go if all the networks applied this valuation? It becomes very clear why Dish is pushing back on CBS' desired price increase...

He most telling thing is that CBS thinks its streaming content WITH commercials is worth $6/month (and last I read,this doesn't even include all episodes of current shows). Can you imagine where satellite/cable bills would go if all the networks applied this valuation? It becomes very clear why Dish is pushing back on CBS' desired price increase...
Would add up pretty quick. The cord cut looks better in theory than the developing reality.

I think what is going to kill cord cutting one day, is the providers will have to raise the price of individual channels to make up losses, and then ISPs will raise prices to make up loss of video customers. Not to mention, how much will advertisers pay for online advertising, when they can get that for a fraction of the cost over the internet in general. It may lead to changes in how the pay TV industry bundles channels contractually, but overall, cord cutters are going to end up screwing themselves, one day.

I think what is going to kill cord cutting one day, is the providers will have to raise the price of individual channels to make up losses...

Ha! A true a la carte system is going to show channel owners (if that's who you meant) what customers really think of their channels, and how little value we receive for their endless hours of pablum. If they want $6/channel, they're going to have to make each of those $6 channels worth $6/channel to us customers, e.g. by putting good series on one channel, rather than spreading it out over ten.

There is no way cord cutters will get screwed. If the price is too high for the content (the reason they cut in the first place), then they will find other modes of entertainment. The content owners are not going to ride the cash cow forever.

Just remember that these disputes do not affect anyone until the channels are actually dropped. I know Dish has plenty of public disputes but they do not always end up with the channels being dropped. When considering switching to another provider make sure you know that other providers are susceptible to channel disputes and drops as well.

Looks like banners have started again- saw one in NY dma awhile ago. I'm thinking now that Turkey day is over I have doubts of another extension. It will be either a deal or "the lights go out" tomorrow night.

i hope this ends soon i am getting tired of this going on all the time how about you?
Nothing to be tired about so far. Neither my local CBS or CW (also owned and operated by CBS) have been dropped this far. That'll change if channels go dark, but I looked at the CBS schedule and a lot of shows are airing repeats this week. So recording an OTA block and watching that for a couple of shows won't be too painful. I wish the Hopper OTA was dual tuner so I could record CW shows simultaneously. I may have to ask Dish for an OTA tuner for the second Hopper on my account, but that would require a different antenna and I'm not sure what reception would be like. CW shows are fairly easy to stream via iPad app, so I might go that route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)