CBS stations return to DISH

I understand that,I just don't like being used as a pawn. Let's be honest, at this point it does seem that was the actual purpose of the feature. Well played to be sure, just stinks is all.
That was always the reason for the auto skip feature. Charlie was using it for a negotiation tactic to help get the best deal for pricing of the channels. I remember reading that when they first came out with the feature. IF the channel doesn't agree to the new price on carriage ,DISH keeps the auto skip feature activated and those channels lose advertisement revenue, that the channel charges for carriage on their stations. Wonder why there is talk about extending Prime time anytime feature for other cable channels? Same deal. DISH is going to get the best advantage in the deal because they can use the prime time anytime feature and auto skip to get it. You can't say that old Charlie isn't smart in using technology that his company created, to give him the best advantage in deals with the bloodsucking channels. I can see them expanding the Prime time anytime feature expanding to include certain sports channels, movie channels, other basic popular cable channels. All it takes is moving the channels to the same transponder and then enabling the software to create the folder extensions and Viola ! DISH now gets a better deal for all those channels too. Very Smart.:smug

Reactions: Tampa8
The good news is that this ends all litigation between CBS and Dish. The bad news for autohop fans is they'll have to wait 7 days for CBS programming and that affects ALL CBS affiliates. But that leads to more questions rather than answers. Does ABC have a favored clause on autohop and winds up switching to 7 days on ALL ABC affiliates? What about NBC and FOX? We haven't from those two yet (although I guess no news = good news).

i will have the last laugh when the next and the next and the next disputes happen

Who cares if there are disputes if no channels are actually being dropped for an extended period of time. There isn't one dispute I can think of this year that affected me at home or even my business. I know for some the Turner channels may have been a pain but it certainly didn't seem like it affected all that many.

CBS and Dish Network strike deal after short blackout
Dec 6 2014, 09:41 ET | About: CBS Corporation (CBS) | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

CBS (NYSE:CBS) and Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) have reached a new carriage fee deal, according to the WSJ.
CBS programming is back on Dish in all major markets after a short blackout.\
Terms of the deal weren't disclosed, although CBS reportedly won a concession from Dish which disables its ad-skipping DVR feature for a window of 7 days for CBS-owned stations broadcasting on Dish.
Previously: CBS goes dark for Dish subscribers in major markets (Dec. 5, 2014)
http://seekingalpha.com/news/216429...k-strike-deal-after-short-blackout#email_link
CBS Back on Dish Network, Programs Now Immune to AutoHop Feature https://tv.yahoo.com/news/dish-network-subscribers-lose-cbs-010038855.html
UPDATE: Per our sister site Deadline, CBS was back on Dish by Saturday morning, after the two companies arrived at a multi-year agreement that, among other terms, will make CBS programs immune to the satellite service’s “AutoHop” feature (which fast-forwards through commercials) for the first seven days of DVR playback.

If you are a fan of Autohop (I am, but not many shows I watch on cbs) the seven days is quite a while to wait, I guess that's why it's negotiating for both sides

CBS should just pull the plug imo too many extensions and not come to a conclusion
I know CBS needs every viewers watching football and prime time shows but this is getting ridiculous,
I bet this is about AutoHop but I doubt it because ABC did the 3 day thing so CBS is probably doing the same or aiming for more days of delay for AH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I called it :first

I wonder if CBS sports will be also in 120 now as well

If it is then right there is the justification to raise prices with the sports cost money excuse. One man's trash is another's treasure but I don't see as much value in their content as say a FS1 or NBCSN as far as demand for a lower tier. I'm interested to see some of the terms of the agreement especially since CBSSN apparently had a lot to do with it. Does anyone know yet if it had to do with the launch of the new Internet TV service?

Good to hear that its settled.Now Dish might as well drop autohop,at the very least quit pimping it.Glad we have stuck with the vip line of receivers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Good to hear that its settled.Now Dish might as well drop autohop,at the very least quit pimping it.Glad we have stuck with the vip line of receivers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
They shouldn't drop it. Just because you chose to stay with the VIP line and not have it available does not mean that the rest of us should lose it needlessly. By that same logic I should urge Dish to drop some VIP feature just so I can say "glad I switched to the Hopper."

Autohop not being available for 3-7 days can be inconvenient, but I'm more than a week behind on numerous shows so it will still work often. If Dish decided to take away PTAT, then I'd have an issue. That removes 80% of conflicts that I would otherwise have to deal with.

Reactions: BBCInc and Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)