Ceil 2 is Alive and Powerful

Yes, we really need TWC to tell us it's cold outside!! I've never seen
Ak mentioned except in passing one day, when we were as warm as it was in Florida. I think they give one's based on how cheap they are to get. Why not the rest of HBO in HD and the other Premiums that are HD. We pay for them. In reality we are subsidizing the rest of subscribers to these services. :(

We in Hawaii don't have much use for the Weather Channel in HD either. :cool:

In addition to the "up to" 35 or so HD channels hopefully coming soon on the Ceil-2 HI and AK spots, it seems that there is still more space that can be freed up @ 110. Most of the current HD channels on the e*10 HI and AK spots are also coming to HI and AK via the strong e*11 conus beam. A 30" dish is required for the e*11 conus beam in HI and about .9 to 1.2m dish for most of Alaska. It seems that with e*11 covering us so well, the e*10 spots could be carrying different content.

I agree that the premiums are sorely missed by us folks that are paying for but not receiving them in HD.

For those in Alaska that are curious. There is a pretty decent snow storm going on in Anchorage and I haven't lost any of the channels from 129 yet. One of the lower readings I had was a strength of 22 on transponder 22, that has dropped to 20 but still looks good.

For those in Alaska that are curious. There is a pretty decent snow storm going on in Anchorage and I haven't lost any of the channels from 129 yet. One of the lower readings I had was a strength of 22 on transponder 22, that has dropped to 20 but still looks good.

That makes Ciel-2 sound even more impressive. Good going!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)