Cell Phone doesn't ring every time

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since I got back from a trip a few weeks ago, my cell phone only rings about half the time. I have Verizon and did the *228 while I was travelling and did the same when I got back home. At first I thought it might be a Verizon problem but I have talked to a few other people that have been experiencing the same thing. One with Alltel and the other with AT&T.

I will have the phone sitting right in front of my and I will get the single beep that I missed a call. It never rang.

Tried a google search and, of course, all that comes up are ring tone sites.

Any of you experiencing this?

I don't want to call Verizon because the first thing they will want to do is swap the phone and I have a $25 invisible skin on the phone that can't be re-used.

I have never had that with any of our 3 Verizon phones, BUT our on-call phones from work do it frequently (OUCH); through AT&T/Cingular. We were told by corporate care that unless there is a system-wide outage that it is something failing in the phone itself; replacement phones cured the ills.

Well I found out what was the problem. I noticed that it was only certain people that it was not ringing for. Started poking around and those people somehow got set to not ring when they called. Set their profile for the default ring and all is well. I have no idea how that got changed as I never knew you could even do that.

I have Verizon and it does it to me sometimes, irritating as heck.

I have one of the V9m Razr2's.

I have surmised that its a signal issue, or rather lack of, as it always seems to do it while i am inside the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)