Celtics/Cavs- King James vs. K.G. (I can smell the ratings now!)

Again....IF you look at my previous post...I said there is NOTHING wrong wife being a homer....so long as you SEPERATE thinking with your head and hoping with your heart. I LOVE my teams, but I am also REALISTIC about my teams and OTHER teams.......

Of course I root for the home team. As Jimbo and others know, I was born, raised and live in Cleveland. It is a mortal sin where I come from to root for any other franchise. So, yes, I am a HOMER and damn proud of it! And for the record, I would gladly be labeled a homer over a front runner!

About your remarks about me being unrealistic......I actually feel that I AM being extremely REALISTIC. I wouldn't come on these boards and defend my home team unless I thought the argument was justified. And guess what, the Cav's are proving all the haters wrong so far.

Keep slurping up the Chowder though, I think you're head is starting to become filled with clams!

LMAO!! Home court does mean nothing when it comes to good teams....Detroit PROVED that last night. AGAIN, NEITHER the Cavs NOR the Celtics have done NOTHING but win home court...that's it....end of story. If THIS Cavs teams wants to show everyone they are for real, they HAVE TO....I repeat HAVE TO win a game IN BOSTON......period. The Cavs have outplayed the Celtics the last 2 games, NO DOUBT about that....but the Celtics outplayed the Cavs the 1st two games....or did you forget that??!! As far as the respect aspect is concerned....PLEASE, your crying like a little girl. They have gotten PLENTY of respect....the problem is YOU want people to exhale that the Cavs are the best team in the league....and they are not, definately not on paper and UNTIL they win the NBA Championship.....not on the court. Considering the fact that in my opinion...and so does MOST other folks that know TONS more than I do about the NBA...they are not AS GOOD AS LAST YEARS TEAM. Their regular season record show it and unless they win the Eastern Conference championship....they are no better than last years team. As far as winning on the road in Washington is concerned....Washington??!! Are you kidding me....??!! You are gonna compare winning a game on the road in Washington to winning on the road in Boston??!!! :rolleyes:

I think you know what my point was there don't you??? :confused:

Ok, fine, let me spell it out for you....

The point was, the Cav's HAVE proved that they CAN win on road during the playoffs this year. Washington is a even tougher team and arena to play in than the Atlanta Hawks. The Celtics however, have NOT shown that they can win on the road so far, not even in the ATL! The reason for this argument is that by reviewing the body of work shown so far in the playoffs by both current teams, the Cav's have given more promise than the Celt's to win one on the road. The first one to do so will win this series. Hopefully that will happen tonight.......

Of course I root for the home team. As Jimbo and others know, I was born, raised and live in Cleveland. It is a mortal sin where I come from to root for any other franchise. So, yes, I am a HOMER and damn proud of it! And for the record, I would gladly be labeled a homer over a front runner!

About your remarks about me being unrealistic......I actually feel that I AM being extremely REALISTIC. I wouldn't come on these boards and defend my home team unless I thought the argument was justified. And guess what, the Cav's are proving all the haters wrong so far.

Keep slurping up the Chowder though, I think you're head is starting to become filled with clams!

Hard to argue with someone that is COMPLETELY missing the point. FOR THE LAST TIME....NOTHING...wrong with being a homer. During the Heats run at the NBA Championship, I was a major homer...but I was realistic....worried to a certain extent because of how good I thought Dallas was. I am realistic about how bad the Heat are. I am a HUGE Raiders fan, I am realistic about how bad they are. The Cavs have done nothing but beat a so-so Wizards team, and defend home court. The Celtics struggled BIG TIME with Atlanta and have defended homecourt advantage...that's it. No one has proved a thing BUT the Pistons....period. As far as "proving all the haters wrong"....they beat the team they were SUPPOSED to beat in the 1st round.....that's it. They beat the Celtics, then they will prove how overrated the Celtics were....period. Now, you beat BOTH the Celtics AND the Pistons.....then we are talking about a very good team and war tested!

Hard to argue with someone that is COMPLETELY missing the point. FOR THE LAST TIME....NOTHING...wrong with being a homer. During the Heats run at the NBA Championship, I was a major homer...but I was realistic....worried to a certain extent because of how good I thought Dallas was. I am realistic about how bad the Heat are. I am a HUGE Raiders fan, I am realistic about how bad they are. The Cavs have done nothing but beat a so-so Wizards team, and defend home court. The Celtics struggled BIG TIME with Atlanta and have defended homecourt advantage...that's it. No one has proved a thing BUT the Pistons....period. As far as "proving all the haters wrong"....they beat the team they were SUPPOSED to beat in the 1st round.....that's it. They beat the Celtics, then they will prove how overrated the Celtics were....period. Now, you beat BOTH the Celtics AND the Pistons.....then we are talking about a very good team and war tested!

IF this is the case and the Cav's do end up beating the Celtics, this would be a typical view point from anyone who is too stubborn to admit they were wrong. :rolleyes:

Your name isn't Chuck, is it? You're beginning to sound like the Sport's Media Pundits on TNT, ESPN, etc. Already making excuses for your bold front runner position before the series started: "Of course, the Celtics were overrated...... Blah, blah, blah...... It couldn't possibly be that the Cav's beat them fair and square". :what

As Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I don't get no respect".

IF this is the case and the Cav's do end up beating the Celtics, this would be a typical view point from anyone who is too stubborn to admit they were wrong. :rolleyes:

Your name isn't Chuck, is it? You're beginning to sound like the Sport's Media Pundits on TNT, ESPN, etc. Already making excuses for your bold front runner position before the series started: "Of course, the Celtics were overrated...... Blah, blah, blah...... It couldn't possibly be that the Cav's beat them fair and square". :what

As Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I don't get no respect".

Just like you don't believe ACTUALLY defense has stop/held Lebron to average/below average production right? It MUST BE that he is not playing well....:rolleyes:

How much buzz, attention, and interest is this series going to generate?

Well, SabresRule, we can definitely come to a conclusion that this series has indeed created the buzz that was anticipated from the beginning.

*Just a quick note: Currently, this is the most visited, and response driven non-sticky thread in The Sports Section (besides the '08 Tigers Thread) here on SatelliteGuys.US! Of course 90% of them are Salsa and myself going back and forth, but regardless, pretty nice feat.....

LeBron simply told his Mom to sit down and to mind her business. Everyone was caught up in the moment. No biggie. During the press conference following the game, LeBron admitted that he used some inappropriate words that he probably shouldn't have. He said that he didn't want his Mom to be kicked out of the game or suspended from attending future games and that was the reason for the scolding. And just for the record, Gloria James was not kicked out.

I thought maybe LeBron let loose a F-bomb or two there, but since I had no audio, I couldn't be sure. But my disapproval was based on his choice of words. As for getting kicked out of the arena, well, being the mother of the "franchise" does have it's perks, anybody else would have lost their seats for the rest of the playoffs, which by the way, will include only one more game, unless King James finds a way to beat Boston tonight. Cleveland will NOT win game 7 in Boston.

I thought maybe LeBron let loose a F-bomb or two there, but since I had no audio, I couldn't be sure. But my disapproval was based on his choice of words. As for getting kicked out of the arena, well, being the mother of the "franchise" does have it's perks, anybody else would have lost their seats for the rest of the playoffs, which by the way, will include only one more game, unless King James finds a way to beat Boston tonight. Cleveland will NOT win game 7 in Boston.

He did not drop an F bomb. He told his Mom to sit her A*% down.....

I think you know what my point was there don't you??? :confused:

Ok, fine, let me spell it out for you....

The point was, the Cav's HAVE proved that they CAN win on road during the playoffs this year. Washington is a even tougher team and arena to play in than the Atlanta Hawks. The Celtics however, have NOT shown that they can win on the road so far, not even in the ATL! The reason for this argument is that by reviewing the body of work shown so far in the playoffs by both current teams, the Cav's have given more promise than the Celt's to win one on the road. The first one to do so will win this series. Hopefully that will happen tonight.......

Yes, Cleveland has won on the road, BUT, unless they win on the road again (in Boston), you'll be watching the rest of the playoffs on your couch. The point that Boston hasn't won the road may be irrelevant, see as that they do NOT HAVE TO WIN ON THE ROAD. Home court advantage has it's perks also. Personally I don't care who wins this series, as long as it goes 7 games, giving Chauncey Billups enough time to heal up for our 6th consecutive trip to the conference finals. One of those nights, like LeBron displayed against Detroit in last years finals, will be enough to send Boston home, but Boston has had his number so far, haven't they?

Upon further research, I examined the first 4 games in last year's Eastern Conference Series against the Piston's and compared it to this year's series against the Celtics. There are many similarities to take note of. In both series', the Cav's were considered heavy underdogs, started the series down 0-2 only to tie it up in 4 and LeBron was "contained" through the first four games. His stats in '07 are similar to how they progressed in this '08 series.

L- Game 1- Cavs 76 @ Pistons 79. LeBron- 10pts, 9ast, 10reb
L- Game 2- Cavs 76 @ Pistons 79. LeBron- 19pts, 7ast, 6reb
W- Game 3- Pistons 82 @ Cavs 88. LeBron- 32pts, 9ast, 9reb
W- Game 4- Pistons 87 @ Cavs 91. LeBron- 25pts, 11ast, 7reb

L- Game 1- Cavs 72 @ Celts 76. LeBron- 12pts, 9ast, 9reb
L- Game 2- Cavs 73 @ Celts 89. LeBron- 21pts, 6ast, 5reb
W- Game 3- Celts 84 @ Cavs 108. LeBron- 21pts, 8ast, 5reb
W- Game 4- Celts 77 @ Cavs 88. LeBron- 21pts, 13ast, 6reb

Of course, the 2007 Game 5 was the epic double overtime battle that ended up swinging the series and eventual victory to the Cav's.
In that game, LeBron went off for 48pts, 7ast and 9reb. Hopefully the eerie trend continues into this year's Game 5...... :D

Well, LeBron exploded offensively, but the Cavs still lost.

96-89.

Now, for the oh-so-thrilling postgame analysis, courtesy of HD MM, Paul Wozniak, and salsadancer7.

P.S. HD MM, sorry about the loss, but Sabathia had a nice pitching performance.

96-89.

Now, for the oh-so-thrilling postgame analysis, courtesy of HD MM, Paul Wozniak, and salsadancer7.

I don't have much to say SabresRule. We were up by 14 in the second quarter and let the Celtics come back. During halftime the Celts obviously made adjustments and rendered LeBron less effective in the 3rd. Missed foul shots and turnovers cost us the game down the stretch. This is the second game in Boston that we let "get-away". The Cav's are really putting themselves in a tough position now. I expect them to win at home on Friday and bring it back to Boston for a Game 7 just as I originally predicted. And we all know, anything can happen in Game 7.

Now for the bad news.....I have a Greek Wedding to attend on Sunday!!!! What the hell do I do? DVR the game and try to avoid any news or updates and watch when I get home? Or do I sneak in a small radio? Argggg, dilemma!!

96-89.

Thank you SabresRule. Sabathia's dominance was indeed a great thing. I was flipping back and forth all night. This latest shutout by Sabathia is just a string of consecutive shut-outs by the Tribe pitching lately. Check my post: HERE for further explanation.

Not Good.....

GIBSON OUT FOR GAME 6!!!!!!! :(

Gibson left in the third quarter of Thursday's Game 5 loss in Boston with an injury to his left shoulder and did not return. According to a team release, he had additional examinations today at The Cleveland Clinic, including an MRI, which revealed a first-degree left AC (acromioclavicular joint) separation.

http://blog.cleveland.com/spor...ard_gibs_2.html

96-89.

Thanks for the left-handed compliment, I didn't realize anybody came here just for my opinions (which, by the way, are provided free). :rolleyes::D
I'm sorry to disappoint you today, but I didn't watch the game. (Red Wings take priority in my house), but I will atand on what I said yesterday- No way the Cadavers win in Boston. By the way the NBA is 19 -1 for the home teams this round.

I don't have much to say SabresRule. We were up by 14 in the second quarter and let the Celtics come back. During halftime the Celts obviously made adjustments and rendered LeBron less effective in the 3rd. Missed foul shots and turnovers cost us the game down the stretch. This is the second game in Boston that we let "get-away". The Cav's are really putting themselves in a tough position now. I expect them to win at home on Friday and bring it back to Boston for a Game 7 just as I originally predicted. And we all know, anything can happen in Game 7.

Now for the bad news.....I have a Greek Wedding to attend on Sunday!!!! What the hell do I do? DVR the game and try to avoid any news or updates and watch when I get home? Or do I sneak in a small radio? Argggg, dilemma!!

And you call yourself a fan? Or is this just a "Greek" thing?

The Heat is on!

nba_g_quicken_412.jpg

We're down, but not out. Tonight, the Cav's look to tie this series up at home and head to Boston for the 7th and deciding game. This series has been plenty compelling and a very exciting battle thus far. I expect nothing less for the remaining games. Go Cav's!

HD MM,

I hate to say this to you, since you're a friend of mine and I like you a lot as a SatelliteGuys member,

but I think your Cavs might have some favorable and ticky-tack calls.

The refs might have blown a call on what could have possibly been goaltending in the final minute, and I think LeBron might have flopped on that offensive foul late in the game.

If anything, I think the refs maybe favored the Cavs tonight ala the Lakers in Game 5 against Utah.

Also, could we have a likely repeat of last year's East and West Finals, as well as, this could still happen- a Spurs/Cavs rematch? (That would be ironic and I think many people besides you and me and some others would hate that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts