Center Ice HD

YES ITS ON HD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it was. Too bad the Wings lost -- especially to the Leafs:mad:

They don't even get a chance for revenge -- that was their only meeting of the season. Seems kind of strange that two "original six" teams, in the same time zone, less than 250 miles apart, play only one of their season's 82 games (each) against each other...

Wings and Leafs used to be a great rivalry.

I hate to keep asking dumb questions on CI HD, but I notice that tonight there appears to be 3 HD games - both feeds of the Wings vs the Canes and the Predators at Blackhawks. Is this typical of CI HD on Dish? I also have Time Warner Cable and they are having a free preview as well, but it appears that they only have one game in HD and really only have the capability for one game in HD with their single GameHD channel. They are showing one of the Wings vs Canes feeds on that channel but I can't tell which one because that channel is not included in the free preview.

I guess I was wondering if indeed Dish's CI sometimes shows more than one HD game a night because I am pretty sure that Time Warner's CI only shows one HD game. If so, then I'm going to subscribe with Dish rather than cable.

Thanks... So happy to see hockey in HD. :)

I hate to keep asking dumb questions on CI HD, but I notice that tonight there appears to be 3 HD games - both feeds of the Wings vs the Canes and the Predators at Blackhawks. Is this typical of CI HD on Dish? I also have Time Warner Cable and they are having a free preview as well, but it appears that they only have one game in HD and really only have the capability for one game in HD with their single GameHD channel. They are showing one of the Wings vs Canes feeds on that channel but I can't tell which one because that channel is not included in the free preview.

I guess I was wondering if indeed Dish's CI sometimes shows more than one HD game a night because I am pretty sure that Time Warner's CI only shows one HD game. If so, then I'm going to subscribe with Dish rather than cable.

Thanks... So happy to see hockey in HD. :)

Yes, sometimes there are 3-4 games a night in HD on CI on Dish. Unfortunately, sometimes 2 of the HD broadcasts are for the same game (different feeds).

However, MSG (Sabres and Rangers) and Devils and Islanders will not be in HD as Dish has not contracted with the RSN's. DirecTv does have MSG games in HD. Also, none of the games in Canada are in HD on D* or E*(except on the NHL channel) for some reason.

Thanks so much - that is the info I needed to hear. I noticed that MSG and MSG plus are not in HD but thankfully I do have access to that on cable in HD. The fact that there is a possibility to have a choice on CI of more than one HD game is great because from what I can tell, cable only has the option on at most one a night. At the same price, it's pretty much a no brainer for me. :)

Thanks again!!

Also, none of the games in Canada are in HD on D* or E*(except on the NHL channel) for some reason.[/quote]

Are you saying that that's the case this year? I recall last year there being many games from Canada in HD that weren't on the NHL channel.

Regardless, I'll probably drop the CI because I'm tired of watching Western Conference teams in HD, and only paltry offerings for the Eastern Conference because of the MSG conflict. I'll watch Versus HD on Monday and Tuesday night for my HD fix.

Watching hockey in standard definition is UNBEARABLE.

Are you saying that that's the case this year? I recall last year there being many games from Canada in HD that weren't on the NHL channel.

I don't believe there were any Canadian feeds on CI in HD from Canada last year on E* or D*.

Regardless, I'll probably drop the CI because I'm tired of watching Western Conference teams in HD, and only paltry offerings for the Eastern Conference because of the MSG conflict. I'll watch Versus HD on Monday and Tuesday night for my HD fix.

Watching hockey in standard definition is UNBEARABLE.

I'm with you on that!

I'm still undecided on CI since VS, NHL channel and HDNET all have games in HD. And NHL channel is expanding to 75 games , many from Canada -- presumably in HD like last Saturday. One of the networks (NBC?) also had HD games on Sundays after the football season earlier this year.

I had already decided 90% not to get CI this year and then I found FSN Detroit was broadcasting both home AND away Red Wings games in HD this season. Now I'm tempted...

I'm under the impression that HDNet is not carrying hockey this year. They have removed all references to it on their website.

I was just checking their website and found no references to hockey either. I was just going to update my post about HD NET hockey, but you beat me to it!:)

Guess I may have to subscribe to CI to get my hockey fix after all. I believe today is the last day @$159...

I wrote MSG about MSG & MSG Plus in HD on Dish..I know this sounds like a "general" email response, but maybe some hope about getting some more hockey in HD?

We appreciate your interest in MSG HD and MSG Plus HD. We have arrangements in
place with a number of distributors regarding MSG HD and MSG Plus HD and we are
in discussions with other potential distributors. If your pay television
provider is not currently distributing MSG HD or MSG Plus HD, feel free to check
back with us later in the season.

Thank you,
MSG Media

I went ahead and cancelled CI for this year. I just remembered how frustrated I was last year with their HD limitations and it seems nothing has changed.

I'll settle for VS HD and my measly 15 HD Atlanta Thrashers games. That's right, we only get 15 this year in HD, apparently one for each win.

I went ahead and cancelled CI for this year. I just remembered how frustrated I was last year with their HD limitations and it seems nothing has changed.

I'll settle for VS HD and my measly 15 HD Atlanta Thrashers games. That's right, we only get 15 this year in HD, apparently one for each win.

Yeah that's what the Canes get too, 15 games in HD...It sucks! :mad: I can't believe the Ducks and Kings only get 10 though?? :eek:

Don't complain. Buffalo has 42 home games in HD, however Dish and there non-agreement with MSG, doesn't give you the HD Feeds.

I really hope they pickup MSG & MSG plus HD, Islandguy...I know how bad you guys in NY want it just so you can see your team in HD but it would be a welcome addition to everybody that loves hockey, because we're all missing alot of HD hockey that we could be getting! :mad:

I really hope they pickup MSG & MSG plus HD, Islandguy...I know how bad you guys in NY want it just so you can see your team in HD but it would be a welcome addition to everybody that loves hockey, because we're all missing alot of HD hockey that we could be getting! :mad:

I was hoping all last season that Charlie would give in and give us our money's worth. I am again hoping that it will happen this year.

Since Dish carries MSG, how big a deal could it be to add the HD version? I know Charlie always holds out, much to the subscribers' chagrin, in order to get the best deal and save us money. So far, all the savings belong to Dish since we are paying the top rate for CI while Dish withholds MSG HD.

Maybe this year, but it will be a major surprise...:rolleyes:

Yeah, MSGHD not being on Dish is killing me. I was watching the sabres thrashers game on ch.446 last night on the HDTV and had it streched out and my dad was like "this isnt in HD is it? i was like no Dad it isnt.... only the home games are in HD" (if only i was telling the truth)

Directv shows all the Flyers CSN-HD games now in CI.

Dish could get them if they wanted, but they won't because they are cheap. It's not like MLB Extra Innings.

I was hoping all last season that Charlie would give in and give us our money's worth. I am again hoping that it will happen this year.

Since Dish carries MSG, how big a deal could it be to add the HD version? I know Charlie always holds out, much to the subscribers' chagrin, in order to get the best deal and save us money. So far, all the savings belong to Dish since we are paying the top rate for CI while Dish withholds MSG HD.

Maybe this year, but it will be a major surprise...:rolleyes:

People in the Buffalo Area have their Sport Channel Blues right now. People with TMC can get the sabres home games in HD, but can't watch cbs sunday football, which usually has the Bills Games every week. People with dish can't get the Sabres games in HD on MSG.

Oh well, atleast Tuesday game on VS will be in HD for us.

I ordered CI last week since losing Expressvu with the new Nimiq 4 footprint, and DISH haven't shown any of the Leafs games in HD, except for the Saturday HNIC games. I wish I knew before I ordered that they didn't carry all the games in HD. I should have checked here that most of the games from Canada aren't in HD, now I am really pissed.

I should have just got Starchoice instead. I figured the $160 CI was cheaper than a year of programming, since I only had for the hockey anyway. But after years of just HD, it is unbearable to watch it any other way.

I've emailed Dish to see if I can cancel, but I'm sure I'm stuck.

I ordered CI last week since losing Expressvu with the new Nimiq 4 footprint, and DISH haven't shown any of the Leafs games in HD, except for the Saturday HNIC games. I wish I knew before I ordered that they didn't carry all the games in HD. I should have checked here that most of the games from Canada aren't in HD, now I am really pissed.

I should have just got Starchoice instead. I figured the $160 CI was cheaper than a year of programming, since I only had for the hockey anyway. But after years of just HD, it is unbearable to watch it any other way.

I've emailed Dish to see if I can cancel, but I'm sure I'm stuck.

I think that the Dish web site says once you are in you can't transfer or cancel ect.
You should have really checked some of the forums here and DBStalk and you would have seen that NO US cable or satellite company has ever shown any Canadian HD other than HDnet of NHL Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)