Center Ice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Indemand is pricing their product at 50 while the D* version is 60? Premium product right? Pure horse hockey even with the added HD that Direct offers.

Sometimes I wish D* didn't think so highly of itself.

Did I miss where directv posted their price?

they posted it on their facebook site but nothing yet in stone on the main site

A couple news sites posted it too as that

Indemand is pricing their product at 50 while the D* version is 60? Premium product right? Pure horse hockey even with the added HD that Direct offers.

Tell them with your money, drop Directv and pick up a service that uses indemand.

I'm sure $10, or more, worth of credits will come your way if you talk to the right CSR about that difference.

Sure, InDemand's version of Center Ice is so much better, with slightly less than 50 percent of games in HD. Oh and you want to be able to get both Home Feeds of the Games good luck with that, with OnDemand.

DirecTV's price hasn't been published yet either. It's likely to be the same as all the other providers. I wouldn't want Dish Networks version of Center Ice either with at least 5 teams home feeds missing entirely (Islanders, Rangers, Flyers, Sabres, Devils) I think there is another one as well.

John

So when will Directv have the games listed in the guide? Need to set the recorder for a few games, hope the listings are posted soon.

Sure, InDemand's version of Center Ice is so much better, with slightly less than 50 percent of games in HD. Oh and you want to be able to get both Home Feeds of the Games good luck with that, with OnDemand.

DirecTV's price hasn't been published yet either. It's likely to be the same as all the other providers. I wouldn't want Dish Networks version of Center Ice either with at least 5 teams home feeds missing entirely (Islanders, Rangers, Flyers, Sabres, Devils) I think there is another one as well.

John

The price has been posted was done so numerous times. I'm getting GCL and perhaps the D* version as well. I don't mind paying but for the extra ten dollars I'm wishing that I would be receiving the Canadian feeds in HD as well... I'm an Oilers Fan..

I'm sure the Indemand version through Fios is fine with up to five games a night in HD. More Canadian feeds in HD then D* actually.. Curious to compare with Fios this coming weekend.

I will actually probably stick with GCL this year and place D* on hold. I also have Fios and don't really need D* at the moment.. It will also be nice to get local Flyers games as well.

I simply hate how D* markets themselves as a premium service. It just reeks of an obnoxious and condescending smell. Whatever I guess, Fios is quite good minus the D* Internet zealot brigade. Not here of course but there is another site.

Last edited:
NHL center ice, how many HD channels?

hey folks, just curious how many HD channels are allocated for each game on any given night on NHL center ice, thanks!

had dish and it was a coin flip if you got HD, now on FIOS and love the internet but hate the TV portion, looking into Direct now...:cool:

Fios is quite good minus the D* Internet zealot brigade. Not here of course but there is another site.

You'll find plenty of FiOS snobs out there. You think DirecTV people can be bad, but you haven't seen anything until you deal with subscribers to a premium service that is only available in certain neighborhoods in certain cities. Crap stinks no matter which rectum it is pouring out of.

You'll find plenty of FiOS snobs out there. You think DirecTV people can be bad, but you haven't seen anything until you deal with subscribers to a premium service that is only available in certain neighborhoods in certain cities. Crap stinks no matter which rectum it is pouring out of.

Truetrue, but the Fios brigade doesn't parrot what the CEO of their provider is saying at every turn and doesn't defend every action the company takes as if they are somehow a part of that company. The F-troop also isn't always telling the people that subscribe to that service that they are somehow committing fraud by 'moving' or using other means to get the content they desire... Mike White's butt must smell mighty great the way they continuously sniff it.

:)

Last edited:
pretty much every game has at least one feed in HD (most have both teams)...but there is one exception
When 2 Canadian teams play each other it is hit and miss if its in HD.

The availability of HD Center Ice stations is one of the reasons I left DISH. DirecTV had (has) the clear advantage.

(However, I'm not subscribing this year; first year I haven't. I refuse to pay $60.00 for a 1/2 season after being held hostage since October. Free? I tried, got denied!!)

The availability of HD Center Ice stations is one of the reasons I left DISH. DirecTV had (has) the clear advantage.

(However, I'm not subscribing this year; first year I haven't. I refuse to pay $60.00 for a 1/2 season after being held hostage since October. Free? I tried, got denied!!)

Did they offer anything other than the $60 ?

Try calling again ...

Why are people calling when the pricing isnt even set on the D* site?

NHL is BACK! NHL® CENTER ICE® will be available for sale starting on Saturday, January 19.
Package details are being finalized so check back soon to order online.

and we get a freeview until end of month
attachment.php

Attachments

• OM__NHL_CI_freetrial.png
    OM__NHL_CI_freetrial.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 251
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)