Center Ice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I merged a couple threads together on NHL CI because folks were posting the same questions or comments in both ;)

Just went to DTV site, was hoping they'd posted the schedule along with team feed information on the NHL CI Package page. But so far no luck. Would be great if they included that info on the Guide listings too. Got a few games I need to DVR, want to make sure I choose the right feed. Go Hawks!

Looks like the HNIC games are now showing up in the guide on 769-1 for tomorrow.

What is the next thing we should preemptively panic about?

Just went to DTV site, was hoping they'd posted the schedule along with team feed information on the NHL CI Package page. But so far no luck. Would be great if they included that info on the Guide listings too. Got a few games I need to DVR, want to make sure I choose the right feed. Go Hawks!
If there are 2 feeds the 1st one is road team 2nd is home team
If there is only one feed in your case its probably the Chicago feed. Games against Philly or a Canadian team most likely wont have 2 HD feeds.

If its on NBC or NBCSN (exclusive) it wont be in the CI channels

hey folks, thanks for all the input. i made the call, directv install is scheduled for monday evening, then ill cancel FIOS. can't wait. i dont know if im more excited about the awesome dvr capabilities of the hr34/genie or all the HD Center Ice channels.

the only thing fios is good for is the incredible internet speeds. the FIOS TV is lacking in programming, dvr hardware, and dvr software interface. its absolutely terrible.

***one question regarding DTV install, the sales rep said my request to have a pole install (not on house) would be free of charge. is that true?

thanks!

hey folks, thanks for all the input. i made the call, directv install is scheduled for monday evening, then ill cancel FIOS. can't wait. i dont know if im more excited about the awesome dvr capabilities of the hr34/genie or all the HD Center Ice channels.

the only thing fios is good for is the incredible internet speeds. the FIOS TV is lacking in programming, dvr hardware, and dvr software interface. its absolutely terrible.

***one question regarding DTV install, the sales rep said my request to have a pole install (not on house) would be free of charge. is that true?

thanks!

I think that depends on who/what company actually comes out to do it.

thanks!

Isn't FiOS also uncompressed HD? The guys over at avs forum used to say it was. They claimed FiOS passed the HD signal through at the same bitrate they received it from the stations. If so that would be a huge advantage for FiOS for me even if the DVR isn't as good. I always wanted to try it out because of that but it's not available in my area.

I think that depends on who/what company actually comes out to do it.

found out it is $65 since it isnt an LOS issue. bummer

Isn't FiOS also uncompressed HD? The guys over at avs forum used to say it was. They claimed FiOS passed the HD signal through at the same bitrate they received it from the stations. If so that would be a huge advantage for FiOS for me even if the DVR isn't as good. I always wanted to try it out because of that but it's not available in my area.

I would rather have most/all NHL center ice channels in compressed HD rather than only 5 channels of uncompressed. heck, indemand is the provider for NHL to FIOS and that is probably compressed anyways, no?

not to mention the pathetic user interface and hardware they give you is a joke.

If there are 2 feeds the 1st one is road team 2nd is home team

not 100% true with CBC games that have CBC on 769 769-1 and the other team is all the way down at the other number.

tonight it's CBC on 769 769-1 Canuks home and ducks on 784 784-1 road

not 100% true with CBC games that have CBC on 769 769-1 and the other team is all the way down at the other number.

tonight it's CBC on 769 769-1 Canuks home and ducks on 784 784-1 road

HNIC games are ALWAYS on 769/769-1. If there is more than one 6PM game (the early game) the "main" game is on 769 and the other games are on other stations

HNIC games are ALWAYS on 769/769-1. If there is more than one 6PM game (the early game) the "main" game is on 769 and the other games are on other stations

Very Interesting thanks ice I didn't know that :)

This was last year's schedule on DirecTV.

http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl_schedules

Dish and FiOS use inDemand while DirecTV uses their own feed. DirecTV has more games in HD and more dual live feeds than inDemand

Dish and DirecTV use the same setup for HD. They provide it through their own means. Obviously since DirecTV has more HD RSNs than Dish, DirecTV has more HD content. With cable, all the system has is their own RSNs in most cases, so they can't provide the HD. Also, DirecTV uses the NHL's service for SD. Unless you don't get the Canadian telecasts on your CI. Or, DirecTV has CBC, TSN, and SportsNet Canada as part of its service.

Sorry, I felt your statement was misleading, even though the end result is true.

Last edited:
This was last year's schedule on DirecTV.

http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl_schedules

Dish and FiOS use inDemand while DirecTV uses their own feed. DirecTV has more games in HD and more dual live feeds than inDemand

Dish and DirecTV use the same setup for HD. They provide it through their own means. Obviously since DirecTV has more HD RSNs than Dish, DirecTV has more HD content. With cable, all the system has is their own RSNs in most cases, so they can't provide the HD. Also, DirecTV uses the NHL's service for SD. Unless you don't get the Canadian telecasts on your CI. Or, DirecTV has CBC, TSN, and SportsNet Canada as part of its service.

Sorry, I felt your statement was misleading, even though the end result is true.

Yeah. From using the free preview on Dish this weekend I can tell you that most games had both feeds in HD. There are certainly more than 5 HD feeds at any given time so I don't think it's fair to lump Dish in with the inDemand cable systems. The Canadian, NY, and Philly feeds are SD only. Everything else appears to be HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)