Centering Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
How do i find the center position of my dish movement without knowing the center.with the receiver

for me, I look for a reference point between the polar axis (mine is square) and the pivoting bracket that ties between the polar axis and the frame(on mine also square). i then adjust till the distance is the same on both sides. also you can put a level on the frame. the dish is angled of course so maybe you just put one of the top edges of the level across the frame (try understand the concept, because if you have dual adjustments for declination and they are slightly off from each other the level idea won't work, or if you have a round frame it might be hard to find a vertically mirrored point to place the edge of the level on, if you know what i mean)

if you are talking about from inside the house, and you are already tuned or something, find the longitude location of the satellite in space that matches the longitude location of your house. for example, im located at 29N 95W (latitude and longitude, respectively) so the satellite at 95W would be G3. When I do this and look outside, the dish is at its zenith.

Hope I am not way off in understanding your dilema

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)