Im having a Problem with my satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hawtfire

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Manhattan NY
Hi i just bought an appt. and it has a satellite box called 4dtv digital satellite receiver box it says it is on W1 whatever that mean's i cant get any channels to come in on it can someone help me or should i call someone to check it out i've spent most of my money getting my [SIZE=-1]utilities[/SIZE]cut on so can someone help me out thanks

first off how is it connected in the back of the box? also it might sound crazy,but is the dish still outside? sometimes people have left their receivers before and taken the dish for whatever the reason. if it is plugged up in the back describe to us what or how it is hooked up.

do any of you have any instant messenger it would be easier to talk on it or a chatroom in here? or something

ok it's like the cables are made together when it goes in the wall if that helps? can you guys go to the chatroom im in there now :)

anyone? it's pretty boring here without tv there is some satelites on the roof how do i know which is mine?

ok this is something else it says W1 501 1:30am no picutre its just black can someone else me please when i moved in me and my roomie well she pluged it all up i dont know anything about it but i can take pictures of stuff about it if someone will help me :) thanks

was there a big dish outside the apt complex somewhere
it could be on the roof but most likely its on the ground

my appt is on the top which has stairs to the roof so i can see the satellitse there 3 up here its two HUGEEEE ones and a white one that says Birdview and one that says unimesh and the 3rd one is a grey looking one that says prime something else but its tore off can you come to the chatroom and help me so i can keep checking it

Hi, gabshere helped me with my satellite this morning and i found out i had another 4dtv system that was in the closet of this appt when i bought it with some other box Hdd20 or something i was wondering if anyone could guide me into hooking the receiver up the old one that was here was broken so if anyone can help please do thanks

well the other unit hooks up just like the first one that is bad is hooked up
the hdd200 i don't know how its hooked up but maybe someone will chime in.

can you help me hook it up ? on the chatroom again maybe i can get it hooked in this time please thanks?I'll be in there

There should be a cable that's made with one end looking like an "RS232 Data connector" and the other end looking like a "Mini Stereo jack". The Mini Stereo jack end hooks to the HDD200 and the Data end hooks to the port on the 4dtv that says DATA PORT above it and MMAP ONLY below it. This will give you HD for the few HD channels available on 4dtv.
The Birdview dish is probably the best manufactured Consumer dish ever made. Great find! And Good Luck!

Al

i didnt find it it came with my house i bought in ny theres 3 dish's on the roof i dont know what is what someone help me please

Status
Please reply by conversation.