Central BHN Customers dont bother calling Not that you could get through anyway.

Soon as it went out, I waited. About 30 minutes, still nothing. I called. I was told, it was not related to an outage. I mentioned that my neighbor was having the same issue. I then, and only then, got the answer that there was an outage and that it was being worked on.

The rep attempted to tell me that it was my box that was having the issue, since it was an older, original box.

I attempted to call again, just to get an update and I continued to receive the busy signal.

I called the local6 newsroom and they gave me an ETR of 7, per BHN.

Yes a database got corupted which caused several Box types to mess up (so technically she was right it was your box) Depending on how early you called the call center had no idea what was going on. I was real disapointed with how fast the information traveled I think it was because they expected it to be over so soon, and it wound up taken several hours..

was there something wrong with ESPNHD last night? My wife and I were trying to watch the Bucsl game but kept getting just a blank screen whenever we switched to the HD channel.

yeah, but I was able to watch TV on all other channels at the same time including HD. I recorded Chuck, Heroes, and RAW, and could watch any other channel except ESPNHD.

is this happening all over again? I was watching a show I recorded last night when the show ended prematurely and my box started to reboot. It rebooted normally but then got stuck on L-2. four times I have unplugged it to restart the reboot and every time it has gotten stuck on L-2. I called technical support and was on hold when my call was cut off. now I keep getting a busy signal.

Update: 12/9/08 8:30a.m.
Please be advised that the video problems experienced last evening in Orange, Seminole, and Osceola counties are now fully restored. If you are still having an issue with your equipment please re-boot your box by unplugging the device from the power supply and plug it back in. This will re-boot your box and your service should be restored after this process. We apologize for the inconvenience.
lol, not according to the Tech I just talked to. so many different problems happening at once. what is it a cyber attack by satellite companies?

Ya my phone blew up big time yesterday. I just laughed at them and said....

"You know that 3k dvd collection you have sitting in the corner collecting dust just because you wanted to have that movie? How about re-visiting some of those movies you haven't seen in awhile. The world is NOT going to end"

It still amazes me how ridiculous people get if their cable goes out for a few hours. Spend time with your family, read a book, or OMG watch a movie on your dvd player!

mine was out for almost exactly 24 hours. acording to the tech I spoke to that is the exact amount of time I would be locked out. I had the L-2 problem, which I was lead to believe all customers with the Scientific Atlanta HDC had. It wouldn't load past L-2, I had access to basic non-digital channels, but not HD, Navigator, or DVR options. The good news is, that even though I was locked out of using these things on my set-top box, my set top box was not locked out of the overall system, so my TV shows like House, ECW, Metalacolypse, Robt Chicken all still recorded as scheduled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)