Centralized wiring question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Luis_Elizondo

Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Temecula
I'm thinking about getting DTV. I've never had satellite before. I'm looking to get one main DVR box for my living room and 3 genie minis for my bedrooms. All my coax wiring is located in the attic and are home runs to each room, meaning that from each room the wiring goes up the wall, into the attic, and runs over to the same location and meet in the Attic. Kinda like an octopus with 8 arms (best analogy I could come up with). So what I'm trying to understand is how with the DTV guy would do my install. from what I understand each box gets its feed directly from the dish so i’m wondering how this would be wired. Any enlightenment would be fantastic!

Thanks!

No it is not how you think it is.....One feed from dish come down to your octopuses and will feed the rooms you need....Depends on what box you get that is more or less the setup they will install.....But again, each box does not go from dish to STB(tv)

No it is not how you think it is.....One feed will come down to your octopuses and will feed the rooms you need....Depends on what box you get that is more or less the setup they will install.....But again, each box does not go from dish to STB(tv)
Thank you AZ! So would there be some type of repeater/extender/"mux"/etc. Type device that would be installed where all cables meet?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Luis_Elizondo!

The older style installations had multiple cables coming from the dish. Now they use a swm system that uses one, then to a proprietary splitter, then to the receivers/dvrs/clients. In the middle somewhere is a power inserter.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Luis_Elizondo!

The older style installations had multiple cables coming from the dish. Now they use a swm system that uses one, then to a proprietary splitter, then to the receivers/dvrs/clients. In the middle somewhere is a power inserter.
Excellent! Thank you for clearing that up! Really appreciate it!

Actually I do have one more question. Any issue running that single wire from satellite on the eave, into the attic and across to the Central point? I suppose not but just checking. Thanks!

Actually I do have one more question. Any issue running that single wire from satellite on the eave, into the attic and across to the Central point? I suppose not but just checking. Thanks!
That's how the installer will likely do it.

Reactions: Luis_Elizondo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)