CentroAmericanos Games Live form Puerto Rico July 18- July31

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
From Puerto Rico will be on July 18- July31

CentoAmerican Games all the countries for Centro America except Cuba did not want to come

Ceromony will start today at 8:00pm

Intelsat 14@45 Tp 3946h14450 7/8

Channel PRTV

Today at 6:00am Post Show and at 8:00pm will be the start of the show

Enjoy

http://www.tutv.puertorico.pr/07_17.htm

Nelson

http://www.mayaguez2010.com/

Last edited:
With all due respect Neljtorres , before blatantly and irrespectfully simply saying that Cuba did not want to come , Would you care to post the reasons why?. It is hard to beleive at least for amateur sports fans that Cuba which has been performing execptionally well not only in the American continent (always second only to USA with the execption of Havana Panam where Cuba won) but also at the highest level , the Olympics (remember the 8th place in Barcelona 92?) , and also Cuba who continues to attend any amateur sport competition (inlcuding those in US soil) with the best of its athletes and with very good spirit, like I said , It is hard to beleive simply that Cuba did not want to attend the Panam Games in Puerto Rico.

Like I said , Would you care to explain why?. If not then please refrain from such simplistic and misleading comments in the future. Having said that , make the best win in every competition and lets hope that the games are a success in every way not only for your country Puerto Rico but also for the rest of the American sport family.

Last edited:
all I've read is that Cuba did not participate...but lots of stuff in Spanish so the translator may not work all the time properly ;)

Hey Guys
Whats going on in Satguys??? since the controversy over the Freedbs I'm seeying many people just waiting that someone post anything so they can go over and begin a controversy. I'm 100% sure Nelj didn't mean to harm anyone with his post. His best intention was to keep everyone inform on was going on around. We are becoming to the point that most of the post will need to go first thru a staff member before its release to the public!! I don't think so. This is a matter of friendship and respect, so lets try to keep everyone together as a team and be easy when trying to make your point. My very best regards to everyone:up

I agree with calospr43.
This site is about FTA helping others getting into the hobby, troubleshooting issues being helpful not getting into politics there are sites for that .....
Thanks to neljtorres for posting some FTA viewing (I do not have a C-band setup !yet!) but for that do is helpfull

While I also do agree with Carlospr43 and the other posters that this is not a forum for discussing politics and it was not my intention to discuss any politics either I still feel as a cuban that posting this frase and I quote "except Cuba did not want to come" misleads the reader into beleiving that Cuba did not want to participate on the now ongoing games in Puerto rico. And IMHO that is not true. It is true that Cuba is not participating in this games and the poster IMHO should have written then something like "except Cuba (which) is not participating" frase that states the fact that Cuba is not competing (I assume the intention of the poster) but does not implies or misleads the reader into thinking that Cuba did not want to participate. Like the saying in Spanish says "El infierno está lleno de buenas intenciones" (Hell is full of good intentions).

I do beleive that Cuba should have participated and that unfortunaelly Goverment politics (from both countries Cuba and USA since Puerto Rico is an anexed state and the Department of State is involved on this matter) decides even sport-related decisions like this but as an amateur sports fan I strongly beleive that one should be aware of the success and high level of performances that Cuban athletes have achived at the continental level and even in some degree at the olympics. I was assuming that the OP Neljtorres since being a native of the American continent and a sports fan (always posting good info about upcoming sporting events that have even helped me enjoy some of them thanks to those posts) was knowledgeable of the rich history of Cuban athletes specially in the PanAm and CentroAm games.

Like I said before, my intentions were not to flame any politics (and the popular spanish frase I posted before also applies) neither to go balistic or insult the OP but since I am a Cuban I can not help to control my blod boiling at 100 degrees (Celsius of course which is even hotter than the Farenheight scale) inside when reading comments like this. Carlospr43, it is almost impossible to be easy when trying to make ones point on this delicated and complicated matters but I appreciate the advice and will try to do my best in the future. Well, I guess I will have to stop being a Cuban then , lol.

We , the Cubans, are indeed among the friedliest of the human beings on this planet but make no mistakes about it , we will, under no circunstances, tolerate any kind of offense or abuse against anyone (see my posts in defence of somebody elses in this same forum) and are and will continue to be ready to face the consecuences. The last is just a statement of our nature and history.

Enjoy the games and cheers.

With all due respect Neljtorres , before blatantly and irrespectfully simply saying that Cuba did not want to come , Would you care to post the reasons why?. It is hard to beleive at least for amateur sports fans that Cuba which has been performing execptionally well not only in the American continent (always second only to USA with the execption of Havana Panam where Cuba won) but also at the highest level , the Olympics (remember the 8th place in Barcelona 92?) , and also Cuba who continues to attend any amateur sport competition (inlcuding those in US soil) with the best of its athletes and with very good spirit, like I said , It is hard to beleive simply that Cuba did not want to attend the Panam Games in Puerto Rico.

Like I said , Would you care to explain why?. If not then please refrain from such simplistic and misleading comments in the future. Having said that , make the best win in every competition and lets hope that the games are a success in every way not only for your country Puerto Rico but also for the rest of the American sport family.

The main reason was since Puerto Rico is part of the United States. The Cuban Goverment wanted the PR and US officials to secure thier athletes and no one could escape from the Cento American Village and desert to the USA.

Ough i was watching the repetition last night in a local channel on cable but fell asleep and didn't see who won in the PR Vs. México ladies volleyball match.

Exciting games =) with Colombia in the lead with 53 gold medals, México is second with 38 and Venezuela third with 34, but Venezuela has the most medals in total: 122, México has 114 for a good second place, and Colombia has 112.

Cheers!

Mike

Ough i was watching the repetition last night in a local channel on cable but fell asleep and didn't see who won in the PR Vs. México ladies volleyball match.

Exciting games =) with Colombia in the lead with 53 gold medals, México is second with 38 and Venezuela third with 34, but Venezuela has the most medals in total: 122, México has 114 for a good second place, and Colombia has 112.

Cheers!

Mike

Puerto Rico won it It was a good game

new feeds at intelsat 14@45

two channels from WIPM repeater of WIPR in the west

3767 VSR 6111FEC 3/4MEDIO Américas CDVB-S22/07/

FEEDs - WIPM Mayaguez (Puerto Rico)VER PACOTE FTA Alterou NomeFEED - Canal 1PCR 8190 AUDIO 256 VIDEO 308 SD 4:3 NTSC MPEG2 FTA

FEED - Canal 2PCR 341AUDIO 270 VIDEO 309 SD 4:3 NTSC MPEG2 FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)