CE's for the first weekend of December

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
it works just fine not waiting; I have a HR20 and H21 and can tell you for 110% sure.
Since switching to HDGUI, I can't get the 0-2-4-6-8 to work at the start of the blue light on my H/HR21s. But the blue screen right after a RBR is almost perfect. And that was working well until this last CE. So it would be back to drawing board. But . . .

I'm getting a HR34. When it arrives, I'll be retiring almost all of my H/HR21s. The only one left will be left on NR. So my 0-2-4-6-8 timing nightmare events are hopefully over.

I did my first download of the HDGUI (058d) on Friday night on both of my HR24-200s. Download went smooth, Guide looks great!

I noticed an interesting "issue" yesterday and today with the paused Program screensaver. I can repeat the issue as explained below.

Normally, there is a 3D DirecTV "Ball" or logo that floats around on the screen saver if you are paused on a Sat channel for an extended time. (This is a great feature, especially for my plasma!)

If you tune to one of the Sonic Music channels, after a short period you will get a screen saver with a floating "box" with Song Title, Artist, and Album.

Now, change to a Sat channel and press pause. After a short time, you get the screen saver, but Now it has the information from the Sonic Music channel you were last on.

The only way I have found to get back to the 3D DirecTV "Ball" is to Reset.

If it helps I ran a report, 20111204-9F5

Last edited:
This was my first weekend with a CE also, got it mostly 'cause I wanted to see and play with the HDGUI. The install was fine, and after a couple of lockups and a couple reboots, things looked OK. But a few hours later, no filling of the cache, so I did the double reset and cleared the cache. Things started filling in after that quite nicely.

But it is twitchy, doing a VOD can cause it to lock up. I don't mean quit working, but no response to remote or front panel while it merrily goes on its way. And because of that, the overall twitchiness of the CE and not being all that enamored of the HDGUI, I just shifted back to the NR. I'll just wait my turn in the very, very, very slow rollout of the HDGUI via NR.

You just post it here and can use the following format with your specs

Receiver: Hx2x-xxx
Report No.: 201112__-___
CE: 05__
MRV: Yes/No - DECA/Ethernet
TV: Manufacturer - Model Number
Connection: HDMI/Composite

Issue: Subject - Description​

Last edited by a moderator:
Since switching to HDGUI, I can't get the 0-2-4-6-8 to work at the start of the blue light on my H/HR21s. But the blue screen right after a RBR is almost perfect. And that was working well until this last CE. So it would be back to drawing board. But . . .

I'm getting a HR34. When it arrives, I'll be retiring almost all of my H/HR21s. The only one left will be left on NR. So my 0-2-4-6-8 timing nightmare events are hopefully over.

So, you won't be doing anymore CE's ?

Will you also not be passing along wrong info ?

Ok

Last edited:
When you send. report to D* what do you do with the report code they give you?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You fill out a post here. Using the following format with your specs

Receiver: Hx2x-xxx
Report No.: 201112__-___
CE: 05__
MRV: Yes/No - DECA/Ethernet
TV: Manufacturer - Model Number
Connection: HDMI/Composite

Issue: Subject - Description​

You do WHAT ?

WHY would you want to do that ?

WHY would you direct the member to a DIFFERENT website ?

Andrew, you can post it right where you are with the same info ....

D* will see it here just as well.

No reason to send people to a different site, DIRECTV reads here as well.

Further comments to go to another site to report DIRECTV issues will be removed as spam.

Scott Greczkowski said:
No reason to send people to a different site, DIRECTV reads here as well.

Further comments to go to another site to report DIRECTV issues will be removed as spam.

Thank You

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Downloaded the CE Saturday and the download went well, did reset the receiver this morning due to the receiver being painfully slow but after resetting it seems to be flying along now and NOT taking 5 secs or more to go to the guide or exit the guide. Did notice that they put on Energy Saver where if you are on the channel for more then a couple hours it asks if you want to have the receiver turn off, simple setting to turn it off, so that message doesn't appear. Like the new look and will be keeping the CE software till the NR is issued. Thanks for posting abut this program and how to dl the software.

Anyone else having issues with the Apps not coming back?

When I got 0575 a while back, my HR24 got logos pretty quick, but even after weeks, my H24 never did. I upgraded the H24 to 058C and then to 058D -- no logos. I've never had logos on my H24 with the HD GUI. Lucky I don't use this TV as much so I've just accepted it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)