CE's for the last Weekend of April

I'm one of the lucky ones this time. I did both ce's and I'm good. Well besides the fact that I don't see what they worked on with the hr34.

I'm one of the lucky ones this time. I did both ce's and I'm good. Well besides the fact that I don't see what they worked on with the hr34.

Apparently the MRV mishap didn't affect the HR34 or the receivers that could see it,it only affected the non-HR34 DVRs from being able to see each other.

Very strange that the "Very High Risk" CE last week did no harm,but the merely "High Risk" CE blows MRV out of the water(for those of us who do not have a HR34,is this a hint to us holdouts to upgrade to one?).

It's very possible that these CE's are a work in progress, meaning, if you d/l one week you get the software and part of whatever D* may be working on for next week, not d/l ing the next week (or previous week) could give you only Part of the software, thus causing issues.

Once the NR comes out, of course you'd get the whole thing at once.

So, the issue is MRV ... fortunately, I haven't had any issues with my HR24's, then again, I don't do the MRV thing, so thats probably a big reason.

Q. for you guys using this software that haven't reverted back to the NR.
Can you go in and turn the MRV OFF, and how does the recvr work after that, back to normal, without MRV of course ?

All of my receivers still worked fine even with it still active, they just would not see any of the programs on the remote DVR's. Under 'whole-house' it would read "No DVR's found"...

It is more like it broke the network, but IP's and all network info was correct. I even try several different ways of reconnecting. ie running back through the network set, etc...

Last edited:
All of my receivers still worked fine even with it still active, they just would not see any of the programs on the remote DVR's. Under 'whole-house' it would read "No DVR's found"...

It is more like it broke the network, but IP's and all network info was correct. I even try several different ways of reconnecting. ie running back through the network set, etc...

And all the recvr said they were "Connected" to the internet ?
Interesting ...

I went by what it said in the Settings under More Info as to weather it was connected to the internet ...

I just now tried Pandora, knowing that it needed to be connected to work ...
It took a few seconds, but yes, it's working.

And all the recvr said they were "Connected" to the internet ?
Interesting ...

I went by what it said in the Settings under More Info as to weather it was connected to the internet ...

I just now tried Pandora, knowing that it needed to be connected to work ...
It took a few seconds, but yes, it's working.

Yes, they all showed connected, network was up. I'm not versed on how the MRV sharing works, but it was more like the "Server service" was not starting/running on the DVR's...Or maybe the "client service"...

Because I do use the MRV feature,I just reverted my boxes back to National Release. What was strange was that when I reverted my HR23 back to national release,it saw the recorded programs from both my HR22 & HR24. When I reverted my H25 back to National Release,it only saw the programs recorded on my HR24,& after reverting my H24 back to National Release,it only saw the programs recorded on my HR22. I didn't have anything recorded on my HR23 at the time. I'm attributing the strangeness of the my receivers seeing one DVR,but not the other,to the fact that from my LNB,my cable is connected to a green labeled 2-way splitter. From the green labeled 2-way splitter,my HR24 & H25 is connected by a non-green labeled 2 way splitter,& my HR22,HR23,& H24 are connected to the green labeled 2-way splitter by a non-green labeled 4-way splitter. What I'm thinking of doing is replacing my present splitter set up with an 8-way splitter to have all my DVRs/receivers connected to it directly.........& then download again the CE tonight(providing it hasn't been canceled) to my HR24 & HR22 DVRs only. I'll leave my HD receivers & HR23 on National Release.

Does anyone with a 34 have internet connection dropouts when downloading on demand shows. Wondering of there is a way to stop this. I have HR34 and HR24 swm16 multiswitch ethernet run into back of HR34 have tried BBDEcca amd causes it to happen even more. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)