CE's for the Weekend of 1.27

The latest CE release for the HR-34 was an improvement, but I'm really hoping there's some more concentration on the MRV with the HR34s and the H25s this week. I consistently get the "try again" message when accessing recordings.

how do you like the hr34? what are pros and cons of the hr 34 ? im debatibg on getting one right away when they become available.ty for help :) pm if you want

So far, I would say I'm pleased with the box. There are still quite a few bugs that need to be worked out (even with the NR software release). The box seems a little slow when navigating menus/guide/etc although it does seem faster with the HD GUI. The MRV has been my biggest complaint. I don't know if it's because of the H25s or the HR34 but accessing recorded content requires me to constantly press try again numerous times to get it to play. This has become extremely frustrating.

Overall, I like the box a lot. It's nice to be able to have 5 things recording at once with no issues. I realize it's a new box but I was a little disappointed with the bugs that the NR came with out of the box. Things seem to be improving each and every week though so that is a great sign. I'm confident that it will improve significantly in the next few months. I'd recommend getting the box! :)

I hope I stay up late enough. Haven't upgraded in 2 weeks and everything's fine.

On a separate note, my area got the new CE but no Pandora yet.

So far, I would say I'm pleased with the box. There are still quite a few bugs that need to be worked out (even with the NR software release). The box seems a little slow when navigating menus/guide/etc although it does seem faster with the HD GUI. The MRV has been my biggest complaint. I don't know if it's because of the H25s or the HR34 but accessing recorded content requires me to constantly press try again numerous times to get it to play. This has become extremely frustrating.

Overall, I like the box a lot. It's nice to be able to have 5 things recording at once with no issues. I realize it's a new box but I was a little disappointed with the bugs that the NR came with out of the box. Things seem to be improving each and every week though so that is a great sign. I'm confident that it will improve significantly in the next few months. I'd recommend getting the box! :)

tyvm for the help :)

cjwct said:
I hope I stay up late enough. Haven't upgraded in 2 weeks and everything's fine.

On a separate note, my area got the new CE but no Pandora yet.

I hear you. I'm running on about 4 hours. The GF started midnight shifts so it's pretty tough to sleep right now :/

gigahurtz said:
I hear you. I'm running on about 4 hours. The GF started midnight shifts so it's pretty tough to sleep right now :/

Luckily no problems with the current software (x599 on 24-500), so no rush to udate. Sleep is far more important lately :)

cjwct said:
Luckily no problems with the current software (x599 on 24-500), so no rush to udate. Sleep is far more important lately :)

I'm more concerned with updates for my HR34 more than anything. It's getting better every week so I look forward to seeing if anything is improved.

I would imagine the H25 is just the finished version from last week for the H25, same as all the other Hx2x from last week.

This is the week that the rest of the world got the New HD Gui, or the last of them.

Maybe that has something to do with no CE for the HR's tonight.

Well, it didn't take long... but the MRV issues are still alive and active with my HR34 and two H25s. Last night right after all three updated, it was working great. Everything started on the first try. This morning, we're right back to the same "try again" message. This is really starting to get irritating. I didn't pay $200+ up front and $100 a month to get a system that doesn't function the way it's supposed to. This issue was even WORSE on the NR. I understand the testing of new products, but the HR34 was in test markets for quite some time. These issues have had plenty of time to be tested. There is no reason why MRV shouldn't be working properly on boxes that are available to all new customers. In my opinion, this puts DirecTV in very bad light.