CE's for the Weekend of 11.16

The ce on my HR34 was minor. Not much of anything...No problems encountered.

I tried three times Saturday night to update my H21 but it didn't seem to ever catch the code correctly.

It seems not to be as easy as it is on the HR34 .... you reset, it turns of the front panel lights.. comes back on and you press 0 .. if you don't see light flash in response ... then you know to wait another second and try again..

Anyone have any tips for getting the CE to load for the h21's?

I tried three times Saturday night to update my H21 but it didn't seem to ever catch the code correctly.

It seems not to be as easy as it is on the HR34 .... you reset, it turns of the front panel lights.. comes back on and you press 0 .. if you don't see light flash in response ... then you know to wait another second and try again..

Anyone have any tips for getting the CE to load for the h21's?

You do know theres more to it than 0, right I'm guessing thats what the .. was about ...

You do know theres more to it than 0, right I'm guessing thats what the .. was about ...
Yes Jimbo .. :) I know there's more to it than zero ..

the example ... on the HR34 .. if you press the zero key .. and *dont* see the lights flash in response (the directv logo which is the power button on the 34's) then you know its not ready to "accept" the code ... so you'd wait a second ... press zero again.. if *then* the power light flashes behind the Directv logo.. then you would continue the sequence 2 4 6 8 .. to make the code 0-2-4-6-8 ..

The contrast here.. is that on the H21 ... the power LED / any of them ... *didnt* flash like the HR34 does ...

its the contrast ... the 34 shows you its responding to a key press of the remote ... so you know the sequence is seen .. and hence the download screen ..

So ... is there anything like that on the 21? .. or is there some other more sure fire way to get the 21 to see that I'm pressing the full code .. and start the download..

ie.. you do the reset ... see the lights go off .. come back.. then count 1001 .. 1002 ... 1003 .. *then* do the code? or any similar instructional experience people can offer for the H21...

Thanks !! :)