CE's for the Weekend of 11.7

Have no live TV. Do have PlayList. So everything I want to watch got to be recorded on another DVR, so I can watch it on the Genie. Had 775 issues on the Genie a few months ago. Tech replaced everything, but the Genie.

Tech is coming Tuesday. This time I going insist the HR34 be replaced with a HR44.

Have notice all the HD Channels are gone from the Guide again. Going back to Show All Channels. The Guide has each channel filled with text stating Regular Schedule. Selecting any channel gets a silent black screen.

Have notice all the HD Channels are gone from the Guide again. Going back to Show All Channels. The Guide has each channel filled with text stating Regular Schedule. Selecting any channel gets a silent black screen.
It sounds like your 34 is shot imo... possibly cabling issues too.

Also a little late on the response but clearmybox 2 (note the space) is specific to CE releases I'm not 100% on what else it did.. it was in the release notes of a CE from several weeks ago.

Last edited:

Also a little late on the response but clearmybox 2 (note the space) is specific to CE releases I'm not 100% on what else it did.. it was in the release notes of a CE from several weeks ago.
Do you remember what exactly it was suppose to do ?

I have problems too. My HR24-200 still has all downloaded On Demand programs and they play fine, but I cannot download new ones,

When I go into On Demand, the channel list is good and the images appear correctly. When I select a channel, the categories appear correctly and the images are there. But when I select a category all I get is a message reading "Sorry! Right now, we don't have any programs that match the filter you just selected". This appears on all channels that I tried.

A couple of misc things

1. That message was written by a programmer and should be changed before public release. Few non-programmers will understand the concept of "filter". I suggest using "category" instead.

2. Go points to this release: menus and scrolling are much faster. Overall this has a better feel to it.

3. Disappointments: Going into an On Demand category still does a loooooooong search every time. Still no indicator as to which programs are already downloaded without going into the specific program and seeing if the manu has a "Record" entry. This makes downloading programs a very time consuming activity because I have to frequently flip into a program page and back to category, incurring the looooooong search each time. No All category as existed in previous versions.

Report sent 20141112-1023.

I see references in the previous messages to reinstalling the CE software.

I understood that running the CE install process outside of the download window would install the last public release, not reinstall the CE release. Is this correct? If so can someone please explain how I reinstall the CE release outside of the window? And how I revert to the publicly available version?

Thanks

So revert to the public release is just to do the CE download procedure outside of the CE time window, right?

My lost of HD channels, you wont believe this, was a bad install of the NR 0x0929 on my Saturday retreat.

Which has me wondering if my serious A/V issue with this week CE was also a bad install.

BTW, the tech hasn't seen a new Genie in the last two weeks. They're been given refurbish HR34 to install.

And the My DIRECTV group remain missing, but this time, I expect them to return by the morning.

And as I predicted, the My DIRECTV Group was back this morning.

So now I need to remember 775s or bad A/V breakups could be the results of a bad install of an upgrade SW.

What happen to the checksum after a download? Or is that no longer done?

Well I'm going to be very suspicious of SW upgrades missing the My DIRECTV Group. As that is a clear sign the download wasn't complete in some way.