CE's for the Weekend of 11.7

2xRBR did not improve things.

Unless the channels return and audio breakup also go, I'll be going back to NR in the AM.

BTW, the audio breakups are not effecting the Genie recordings done before tonight's CE upgrade

After the download is installed, your receiver will be doing several things after rebooting, including downloading guide data, VOD channels, rebuilding To-Do lists, etc. It is normal for your receiver to appear sluggish for a while after installing software. You may also have timers that appear missing, etc. Do not worry, as the receiver rebuilds the data over the next few hours, your timers will come back.

It is considered a best practice to download the software at the end of your viewing day, and not "work-out" the new software until the following morning.

Remember - the software download window is generally Friday & Saturday nights, from 11pm - 2:30am ET. This day/time window is occasionally changed, so always check the notes for the exact window.

I'm missing channels CBS, NBC, ABC, UPN, CW, PBS, just to name a few. That's not normal.

I'm missing channels CBS, NBC, ABC, UPN, CW, PBS, just to name a few. That's not normal.
No, thats Not normal ...

They are all Local networks, you can try a few things ...
Do a reboot and the CE process again .... or pull up your account on line and refresh your recvr.

Btw, if you have more than one recvr, is this the case on all of them ?

OK I am feeling really stupid! I left DirecTv about 1 year ago and just got it back. I was a CE user downloading every week. I can't seem to the the download to start. I have a HR44-500 and have tried both a new remote and and older style remote. The code is still 0 2 4 6 8 right?

OK I am feeling really stupid! I left DirecTv about 1 year ago and just got it back. I was a CE user downloading every week. I can't seem to the the download to start. I have a HR44-500 and have tried both a new remote and and older style remote. The code is still 0 2 4 6 8 right?
Yes ...
I have found that with the 44 I have to wait lie 5 seconds longer before inputting the code.

The re-install didn't work either. Check my H25 & HR24-100, their HD channels are there with no audio issues.

Switching 'Hide SD Dup' to All got the HD channels back into the Guide. But the audio is still breaking up real bad on every channel I have tune into. And it is taking extremely long for a channel to tune in. And that if they tune in. Once tonight, going to NYC NBC, I got the blue screen telling me how to get it added.

This CE version is the pits. I'm going back to the NR.

I found with my HR34, I have to wait till the ring lights up, then start the sequence instead of "first light" like with the HR2x models...

The re-install didn't work either. Check my H25 & HR24-100, their HD channels are there with no audio issues.

Switching 'Hide SD Dup' to All got the HD channels back into the Guide. But the audio is still breaking up real bad on every channel I have tune into. And it is taking extremely long for a channel to tune in. And that if they tune in. Once tonight, going to NYC NBC, I got the blue screen telling me how to get it added.

This CE version is the pits. I'm going back to the NR.
Thats interesting because, I am running the same software on my 44 and am having No issues so far.

This CE breathes new life into the HR24-200. Jumping around recordings just have a huge performance increase. No more inadvertant skipping to the end of the program either.

UPN LOL thanks for that laugh. Didn't UPN and PAX merge to form ION back in the early 2000's?

Turn on Genie, was immediately greeted by bad A/V. Both were breaking up. Ran System Test - Got Diagnostic Code 51. Ran it again, got 49. Same as last night. Checked other channels - bad A/V breakup is consisted on all I tuned into.

BTW, three CEs into on this cycle, and still no My DIRECTV Group.

Keywording SENTREPORT no longer seems to work.

That's it for me - I'm currently going back to NR 0x0929

Back to 0x0929. Still have bad A/V. Ran System Test - Again got Diagnostic Code 51 - SWM not detected. Ran it again, got my regular Code 72 - No D/T detected. Unplugged the PI. Code 51 returned, Ran again got Code 49 - Lost A/V on every channel I tried. Doing a Menu/Reset - Got Code 775 during Reset. I now have a solid black screen for last 5 minutes during Reset. I'm getting to think my Genie has bitten the bullet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts