CE's for the Weekend of 5.18

Lost my internet applications and the EXTRAS Pandora and utube on my HR22. Had them with last weeks cE which was a first in a long time but lost them again with this update. It's been over 24 hours so its not a wait and see. Last weeks at least worked

Lost my internet applications and the EXTRAS Pandora and utube on my HR22. Had them with last weeks cE which was a first in a long time but lost them again with this update. It's been over 24 hours so its not a wait and see. Last weeks at least worked

Its common to lose them when doing a CE, they will come back generally in several days if not sooner.

Others don't lose them, it's an odd thing ....

My Pandora / Youtube has been there every week except one on my HR24's.

i download the nat ce yesterday cause when i download the ce friday night no you tube or pandora.i download the ce last night again on hr24 500 you tube and pandora was there.

Downloaded Friday night and didn't get any of the internet applications or the extra pandora and utube on my HR22. Read about the misc in extra so I ran a report this morning. A hour ago I had a pop up to reset my receiver. Everything is working....Whatever report does it worked as I could only get the these applications to work on the national releases.

Jimbo said:
Pace has previously been -700, they are 2 different codes for them now ?

Yes, 300 was Philips but now Pace has taken over.

Last edited:
Force download a national release on one of your receivers(same procedure as forcing a DL of the CE,just outside of the CE hours for download). Check to see if that receiver still has that problem. If it clears it up,then on your other receivers/DVR,go to menu-settings & help-miscellaneous options(if you do not have miscellaneous options,go to Search & Browse,smart search & type in IAMANEDGECUTTER,hit keyword,all,& then done.Now repeat the instructions of going to miscellaneous options). (now let's assume miscellaneous reports shows up now) go to report,hit send,& when the message is sent,come back to this thread,state the problem you are having,& afterwards type in the key that was given you. This way the techs can check to see what is going on. Each of your receivers/dvrs will have a different key,type in the key for each receiver/dvr(that are still on the CE.If you still have the same problem with the receiver you converted to NR,send the same report for it also).

Roy, per your request, I tested putting a HR24 and for kicks, a H24 back to national. The problem went away. Upon power up, the receiver correctly went to a resolution of 1080i.

Starting with the 3/24CE I noticed at all of my receivers were powering up at a resolution of 720p. Even though this resolution was not (nor has it ever) been a valid option selected in the menu. Upon changing the channel, or starting a recorded show for playback, the receiver would then switch to its proper resolution (1080i).

I had the receiver still on this weekend's CE send a report. That number is 20120520-14B6.

I am having the same problem where my HR23-700 is starting up in 720p then when I change channels it then switches to it's proper resolution of 1080i. My report number is 20120520-8FB.

Jimbo said:
Interesting ....
Why do they have both though ?

I believe it was due to Philips going out of business and selling off their assets. Pace bought the DirecTV set top line, but kept the model ID to be able to keep the differences from the two models the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)