CE's for the Weekend of 8.10

the problem is the last 2 CE's have done that even though folks didnt have a AM21. It loaded the locals.

Yes, but for what reason did it load locals? Without an AM21 it does you no good, and if you have an AM21, it does it anyway! Did the CE load locals with subchannels that you can't get with the AM21? Then it might do some good, otherwise I don't get it.

Yes, but for what reason did it load locals?
I dont know but there was a glitch a while back where it loaded bogus subchannels into the search option even if you didnt have a AM21

Without an AM21 it does you no good, and if you have an AM21, it does it anyway!
I agree. It loads them to a point. Found out if you have a HR34 you need a signal OTA wise for it to load channels. The HR2X and R22 load the database regardless of signal or not

Did the CE load locals with subchannels that you can't get with the AM21? Then it might do some good, otherwise I don't get it.
I have a AM21 so it didnt load anything for me. But the subchannels not in the database I still had to have it scan

I have a AM21 so it didnt load anything for me. But the subchannels not in the database I still had to have it scan

You have an HR34 though. I'm still looking for someone with an HR2x and an AM21 that got the ota prompt.

I believe you can sends the report at anytime ....The thing is, they want you to post the problem and report # in the thread so they can see it.
Okay I'm sending a report on my H24-700 & H25-500 losing picture on all channels after setting up OTA antenna. My H25-500's number is 20120811-1CBD. It lost picture on all channels after setting up initial set-up for OTA Antenna. I hit the power button on my remote,then turned it back on & changed to local channel(not on OTA antenna),after that the picture came back up for all channels. My H24-700's number is 20120811-16D0. I tried to repeat the steps I took with my H25 without any success. I eventually had to do a hard reset,then change channel to local channel(not on OTA antenna),& after that the picture came back up. I doubt changing channel to local had anything to do with getting the picture back,it just seemed like something to do at the time.

YOU TUBE AND PANDORA NEVER SHOW UP ON THE HR 24 500 .I DOWNLOAD THE NCE TODAY.

Audio Cuts Out on HR34 Recordings

Bear with me if this has been posted before - it's my first post here. Bear with me if this problem has already been reported - this is my first posting to this forum. I started installing CE's with 57C on my HR34, and that version didn't have this problem. After installing 57D, when playing back a previously recorded program, the audio will intermittently cut out for several seconds, then come back for a few seconds, then out again, etc. The timing appears to be completely random. This doesn't happen for all recordings, but once it starts, the audio will cut in and out every few seconds until I change to a live program. If I then go back to the same recording, it will play normally, sometimes for the rest of the recording, sometimes for just a few minutes and it may start cutting out again. At all times, the video is normal. Also, when the audio cuts out, if I just backup and play back the same area again, the audio will be normal, so it's not related to bad signal causing a dropout. Gary

:welcome to SatelliteGuys and everything is good here :)

Last edited:
Bear with me if this has been posted before - it's my first post here. Bear with me if this problem has already been reported - this is my first posting to this forum. I started installing CE's with 57C on my HR34, and that version didn't have this problem. After installing 57D, when playing back a previously recorded program, the audio will intermittently cut out for several seconds, then come back for a few seconds, then out again, etc. The timing appears to be completely random. This doesn't happen for all recordings, but once it starts, the audio will cut in and out every few seconds until I change to a live program. If I then go back to the same recording, it will play normally, sometimes for the rest of the recording, sometimes for just a few minutes and it may start cutting out again. At all times, the video is normal. Also, when the audio cuts out, if I just backup and play back the same area again, the audio will be normal, so it's not related to bad signal causing a dropout. Gary

Gary,
Try rebooting it from the Menu's and see if that helps any.

Menu/Settings/Reset/ReStart Recvr/dash

YOU TUBE AND PANDORA NEVER SHOW UP ON THE HR 24 500 .I DOWNLOAD THE NCE TODAY.

have you given it a few days before resetting it again? probably a dumb question but your dvr is online correct? just making sure.....

I get the guide screwup when scrolling now

Where parts will shift to the right for no reason

I went back to NR...too many issues with this CE
-guide glitch
-locks up for no reason (not really locks up but freezes)
-the scanned in locals you have to remove from favorites then add them back which is fine but they dont stick (you have to keep doing that)

Iceberg, How do you back to the NR, I to have a lot of freezes. I change channels sometimes and no sound and all blank screen.

same way you do the CE load

either press the red button or go into the menu and do a restart
Once you see the 1st screen press 0 2 4 6 8
It will load the newest national release (57c)

national software is up all the time unless its during the CE time ;)

I am ditching this one too. The pauses on whole home DVR playback are too annoying. I might skip CE's for a week or two.

[Edit: Apparently reverting on the H24 receiver fixed it without going back to NR on the HR24]

Last edited:
I'm about to ditch this CE. I'm having a big issue with channel changing. I've had to enter channel number numerous times and it still doesn't change. I've seen guide glitches, MRV issues and channel change issues. I think it's time for NR again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)