CES: Panasonic Blu-ray Players

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Panasonic introduced their new line of BD players, four 3D capable and two 2D. New features include an improved uniphier chipset, 24p output for VOD, smart phone control capability, FLAC support, 2D to 3D conversion, a redesigned DVD super-resolution processor, and a new slim design and slot drive on the BBT01 and DMP-BDT320. The BDT500 also includes twin HDMi support for older receivers.

For Journalists

S~

teachsac said:
Panasonic introduced their new line of BD players, four 3D capable and two 2D. New features include an improved uniphier chipset, 24p output for VOD, smart phone control capability, FLAC support, 2D to 3D conversion, a redesigned DVD super-resolution processor, and a new slim design and slot drive on the BBT01 and DMP-BDT320. The BDT500 also includes twin HDMi support for older receivers.

For Journalists

S~

I'm thinking BDT500 :)

Im gonna do it. I gave my BDT210 to my father in law, and my BD85 to my Dad. I read good things about the new Uniphier last summer, should be a nice player. Im sure Ill buy it as soon as it hits Amazon :)
Its hard for me to go a year without buying a new panasonic player.

Did you check your BDT210's display menu (when playing) and make sure you were using Normal Pic Mode and Chroma OFF? Testing found that any other setting for Chroma caused color dE errors.

I wish Panasonic would offer SACD/DVD-A support on the top end player, especially since they are using analog outs again. Would be nice to get a $300 "VT" style top end player.

They haven't offered DVD-A support since the BD-10. Not sure yet if there is actually going to be analogouts. Simply states 7.1 out, could be by HDMI since the 110 is limited to 5.1 TrueHD on the 110 with the player decoding. Same with the ONKYo, no analog support. Did anyone there actually see it and look at the back?

S~

Still doesn't specifically say analog outs. ONKYO pulled the same thing last year. Panasonic's definition of legacy equipment "*Legacy audio equipment refers to audio systems that are not compatible with 3D content." I bet dollars to donuts they are saying 7.1 is fully supported over HDMI whereas the 110 only supported 5.1 TrueHD with player decoding.

S~

Gotcha. Ive not been able to find any back pics, hopefully we start hearing some more data soon.

Me Neither. These are the current specs:

DMP-BDT500

Full HD 3D
Adaptive Chroma Processing
2D –> 3D conversion
Twin HDMI
192kHz/32bit DAC
7.1 Analog Output
High Clarity Sound Plus
Digital Tube Sound
Pure Audio on HDMI
Linear PCM/FLAC Compatibility
VIERA Connect
DLNA
NAS
HDD Playback
Built-in WiFi
Smartphone Remote Control
Touch Pad Remote Control
Multi User Mode
VIERA Link
Ultra fast Booting and Loading
Low Power Consumption
Energy Star Qualified

S~

Im asking myself the same question. My first reaction was "buy the best one" :), but Im thinking it and the 320 will be the same minus what I dont need. If that pans out, Ill get the 320. Will prob mean I can get my hands on it faster too (Late Feb early Mar)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)