Vivitek 512-3D projector

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

piperut

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Hello everyone,

Okay, surfing the web this past week, I found a Vivitek 512-3d projector for $300.
When using 3D it only supports 720p, but for normal 2d viewing it supports 1080p.
This projector also converts 2D to 3D.

For 3D input, you can change between side to side or top to bottom.
It arrived at my house yesterday.
I have Directv.

I purchased Ultra Clear HD DLP Link Compatible Glasses from Amazon.

I hooked everything up, and at first had no input. I hooked up a computer, and everything worked. The 3D on Directv is fairly limited, but it did work on this projector, using side to side input for 3D. I then watched Today's Bruins game using the 2D to 3D conversion. It does give a fair amount of depth to the picture. The only issue is the speaker on the projector is ... well, not of much use. I do have surround sound, so turned the volume on the projector down, and just used the surround sound.

The Olympics this summer, NBC is supposed to be broadcasting some of the Olympics in 3D...

The main reason I was looking at projectors - the one I have is getting up there in hours.
The replacement blub cost more than this projector... so I ordered this more or less as a spare when the lamp on the one I have been using for a few years goes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts