CES: Panasonic Blu-ray Players

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Haha, Id hope so!

url

url

Yepp, I like the look of the BDT500 much better. Im not a fan of the 2011 BDT110/210 look, and that top sensor is stupid.

I may stick with the 500 just for looks.

My daughter has mine at school. Still works great.

S~

Thats crazy. All my old Pannys are passed along throughout the family, except the BD30. It stopped wanting to read discs around 13 months. My Aunt and Uncle have my BD35, my BD85 is with my dad, and one of my BDT210's is with my Inlaws.

Thats crazy. All my old Pannys are passed along throughout the family, except the BD30. It stopped wanting to read discs around 13 months. My Aunt and Uncle have my BD35, my BD85 is with my dad, and one of my BDT210's is with my Inlaws.

Sounds about right. 10 is with my oldest, 30 is in the twin's room, sold the 35 to a friend, 55 is with my dad, sold the 85, 350 is in the bedroom, 110 is in the theater room with my Denon for 2 channel audio, sold the Samsung with my Hitachi TV, Oppo is in the family room.

S~

BPBS has their first data up, I always like their reviews.

What's New in Panasonic 2012 Blu-ray Players: DMP-BBT01, BDT500, BDT320, BDT220: BigPictureBigSound

BDT320
dmp-bdt320.jpg

New remote
PANASONIC-BLU-RAY-REMOTE-20.jpg

BDT500
DMP-BDT500.jpg

At CES 2012 in Las Vegas earlier this month, Panasonic showed off its upcoming Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D players including a CEA Innovations Award winner and their smallest ever wall-mountable home Blu-ray player. But size and awards aside, we were interested in what has been improved from the current slate of players. In a nutshell, the new players are faster, lighter, more energy-efficient, with more streaming apps and networking features and offer a new touchpad-based remote control. Also, enhancements to Panasonic's proprietary UniPhier video processor allow for further improvements to picture quality, not only for DVDs and Blu-ray Discs, but also for streaming sources.

From the current stable of four players, Panasonic will offer six players in 2012, two of which are 2D only and four of which support 3D output. The 3D players include the DMP-BBT01, DMP-BDT500, DMP-BDT320, DMP-BDT220. All four Blu-ray 3D players include Panasonic's recently enhanced VIERA Connect app and streaming suite. The 2D Blu-ray players -- DMP-BD87 and the DMP-BD77-- offer IP VOD, a smaller subset of streaming services, including Netflix, Vudu, CinemaNow and YouTube.

Touchpad's a bit of a pain. Will take some getting used to. I used the X10 remote for setup. Went quicker.

S~

I'll have some when I write up the review. It will be in the 3D section, probably. Maybe I'll double post if it's alrgiht with Don.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)