CH 218 MOR Gone?

Thats comical. Why doesnt E* start negotiations a little earlier since they obviously are a PITA to negotiate with. Maybe an early start would avoid these cutoffs.
Hah, Dish took them off the air and is now keeping a count of how many customers call and complain. I suspect the number will be really low, giving Dish the upper hand in negotiating.

Thats comical. Why doesnt E* start negotiations a little earlier since they obviously are a PITA to negotiate with. Maybe an early start would avoid these cutoffs.
Thats the point I'm trying to make. If they can just remove channels without any notice because Dish fails to make contract deals in a timely manner,what makes anyone think that next time it won't be Cinemax or FX or any other channels. I've heard this before from Dish customers in my area,about dropping channels without notice. I was hoping it wasn't true,but this kind of stuff is uncalled for. Directv has giving months of Notice on Dropping LRW. Maybe not everyone cares about the dropped list right now,but wait untill its something you like.I guess I have to upgrade Directv package already.

They aren't all shopping channels. Get rid of QVC and HSN and and maybe we would be jumping for joy.If thats all they were is shopping channels ,I wouldn't care!
they are ALL shopping channels Some of the infomercials are cleverly disguised as TV shows (helpful hint THATS WHY e* PLACED THEM IN THE SHOPPING CHANNEL RANGE)

If they can just remove channels without any notice because Dish fails to make contract deals in a timely manner
How do you know they don't make deals "in a timely manner" ?? Why is Dish at fault here or to blame ?? What if this network wanted double what their last contract said ?? I guess Dish should just pay up....

How do you know they don't make deals "in a timely manner" ?? Why is Dish at fault here or to blame ?? What if this network wanted double what their last contract said ?? I guess Dish should just pay up....
Why not pay up!!! I have to pay up! All of E* compitition Did Including Directv.. I don't feel sorry one bit for Dish network or anyother provider to have to pay anything UP! We ALL pay good money for sevices and we should get those sevices. I can't drop Dish or Directv without paying a fee or giving notice ! So how can Dish drop parts of our sevices without notice? I don't feel at all sorry for any Multi million dollar company.

Why not pay up!!! I have to pay up! All of E* compitition Did Including Directv.. I don't feel sorry one bit for Dish network or anyother provider to have to pay anything UP! We ALL pay good money for sevices and we should get those sevices. I can't drop Dish or Directv without paying a fee or giving notice ! So how can Dish drop parts of our sevices without notice? I don't feel at all sorry for any Multi million dollar company.

Hmmm....How do you think E* will recoup the cost of a higher contract? Think about it. They aren't going to eat it. There going to pass it on to us. E*, D* and all cable providers have an obligation to control these cost for customers and shareholders.

If they are going to raise by bill I'd rather it be over something worth while and not this crap. TMG has not leg to stand on here. These channels have little to no viewers.

Hmmm....How do you think E* will recoup the cost of a higher contract? Think about it. They aren't going to eat it. There going to pass it on to us. E*, D* and all cable providers have an obligation to control these cost for customers and shareholders.

If they are going to raise by bill I'd rather it be over something worth while and not this crap. TMG has not leg to stand on here. These channels have little to no viewers.

I really surprised that E* would pay for these channels at all. Id think, being that they are shopping related, that TMG might pay E* for showing them.

I thought that Dish got a commission off of everything sold thru Dish. I know that HSN used to pay the local stations to carry there signal through direct commission off of sales in their zip codes. If Dish is paying to carry QVC and HSN. They are getting screwed.

Well the customer base of the only decent channel on that line up "Mens channel". Are usually not INTERNET posters. So those of you that think this channel; is not very popular. You are using a narrow approach to this. I am sure a channel that you enjoy is probably not very popular with the base of that channel. So don't dismiss these ppl and their rage at this issue. And TMG knows this. Heck for a few years if your dish was cutoff you still got that tier of channels FREE. I can live without that channel, But would really prefer to have it.
I would prefer that EVERY music channel were gone. How many of you would that piss off. But I would love it. "SAME THING"

My understanding is that these channels do pay E*. If that is the case, maybe E* has decided that they want more money from the channels to be carried because because that transponder space is more valuable now then it was at the time of the last contract and they would rather use that transponder space for something else (unless they were compensated better for it).

I would prefer that EVERY music channel were gone. How many of you would that piss off. But I would love it. "SAME THING"

Yes, and no. The difference is the number of subscribers that the change effects. There would be a whole lot more subs that would be upset about losing the music channels than this group of channels. You have to think about these things as a business decisions as a whole, not on an individual subscriber basis. For you this change matters, for the vast majority of E* subs it will have no effect at all. Heck I didn't have a single one of these channels in my favorites list so it has zero effect on me.

2 points - Scott has stated, either earlier in this thread or in another, that the shopping channels make a lot of money for Dish. So, which is it? Is TMG demanding more money or is Dish?

Second, Charlie has personallly told us that E* monitors viewing habits "in aggregate" (although I don't know which receivers are capable of reporting back to Dish) and that this information is very valuable to them in contract negotiations.

I have no doubt that Charlie and company know exactly what they are doing in this situation. Sure there will be people ticked off about losing the channel, I was when CourtTv was gone. But, they will likely get it back AND their monthly bill probably won't go up next year.

Yes, and no. The difference is the number of subscribers that the change effects. There would be a whole lot more subs that would be upset about losing the music channels than this group of channels. You have to think about these things as a business decisions as a whole, not on an individual subscriber basis. For you this change matters, for the vast majority of E* subs it will have no effect at all. Heck I didn't have a single one of these channels in my favorites list so it has zero effect on me.

I have been selling and installing D* and E* for six years and this channel has a bigger base than you are giving it credit for. I have heard from just as many customers that can do without either of the two. But that goes for most tier lineups.

Who knows we can only speculate of what's up. From what I have heard in the past the shopping channels pay for each item purchased.

channels like MOR were just shopping channels at one time however now they are changing the channels making them real channels not shopping channels. I can only speculate that because of less shopping Dish is earning less on these channels.

Or we could speculate that Dish was leasing space to a shopping channel and they used the channels to make real channels, thus launching channels on Dish for less then what it normally costs to launch a national entertainment channel.

Just speculation but something which makes you go hmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)