CH 218 MOR Gone?

Personally i have not watched these channels. Are they all shopping chanels? Is MOR a shopping channel?

Father in Law called, not very happy about loosing 218 the Mens out door channel.

He is a very big Fishing and Hunting fan and he is getting old so it is hard to shop at the stores. Seeing all this on this channel was a big PLUS for him.

He is not happy.

Just got this from TMG regarding these channels.

The Media Group (TMG) is currently involved in contract negotiations with DISH Network, and as a result, DISH Network has removed eight of TMG’s channels from its lineup, including Men’s Outdoors & Recreation and Beauty & Fashion channels. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes our customers, and we are in active negotiations to restore these channels. Viewers can still enjoy our original programming and enthusiast shows on DIRECTV, Time Warner Cable and other select regional cable TV networks.

I just got this from Dish...

Alert Detail
Channels No Longer Available
Effective immediately, the below channels are no longer available on DISH Network.

-- Men’s Outdoor Recreation – ch. 218
-- iDrive – ch. 221
-- Healthy Living Channel – ch. 223
-- iShop – ch.224
-- Men’s 2 - ch. 219
-- Resorts and Residence – ch. 216
-- Water – ch. 217
-- Beauty and Fashion – ch. 225

DISH Network offers many other home shopping and lifestyle programming options such as HSN, QVC, Shop at Home, Food Network, Fine Living and The Golf Channel.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

The problem is that the company in question has ONE good channel and seven pieces of crap. In turn they want top dollar and to double dip. #1 get paid from infomercials#2 get paid from dish too. And like most of the other channels that allot of ppl like make the sat company take the crap channels in order to get the one or maybe two that are good.
At least dish does try to negotiate and not just say OK and pay more. Most of the programmers don't take dish serious when they say we will take you off. I am kinda glad they do stand up to them.
Anyway history shows us that these usually don't last long.

Im not sure another HD channel will fit in their place. The bitrates on those channels was so low, would it add up to another HD channel? :D

Hehe, I don't know but it seems like 6 SD channels ought to be close to 1 HD channel. :D

This Has Got To Be A Satellite Guys First!! Whineing And Crying About Losing A Bunch Of Fricken Home Shopping Networks!!

I'm shocked too...after I saw the list in about the third post, I thought this would be a thread of posts applauding Dish for taking out the trash! Amazing :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)