Ch. 308: "This channel reserved for future use"

who_the

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2004
San Francisco, Calif.
Never seen this message before. Running on Channel 308, ESPN2A. 4:3, with classical music playing in the background?

WTF?

It is back up with the same slate and classical music in addition it is now also on 304-ESPNA

Sean, during the time it was removed it was just a black screen. It is a neat looking slide though with an HDTV Camera and a view of the Earth from space.

I saw the same of course on both channels. If it reserved and in the 300's, it is likely a sports channels. Both are SD right now.

So they're not running the HD test channels anymore in 304 & 308. That probably means that they used the bandwidth for the 6 SD channels added today. I hope they use the bandwidth of the other HD test channel (700) to add a new HD channel (like ESPN2HD)

Walter L. said:
So they're not running the HD test channels anymore in 304 & 308. That probably means that they used the bandwidth for the 6 SD channels added today. I hope they use the bandwidth of the other HD test channel (700) to add a new HD channel (like ESPN2HD)
Why would they do That: when ESPN only has a few hour's of HD every Week.....

who_the said:
Never seen this message before. Running on Channel 308, ESPN2A. 4:3, with classical music playing in the background?

WTF?

Excellent! We could use another classical music channel...
;)