Ch 77 Nghc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beakor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
possibly National Geographic HD? Channel 77 list NGHC on my h20

Yep, I have it too. No picture or guide info yet though, unfortunately. YIPPEE! I love new channels!

I saw it to, looks like there is a date of 4/9 when you click on the guide??

I don't see that, but I really hope that it comes on before then! Usually, they put a channel up only shortly before it goes on air. Hopefully that's the case here.

I also got another channel earlier today, the Chiller channel, 257. It's working perfectly (although it looks bad, in SD). I want more HD! I really couldn't care any less about the SD channels, new or old, at this point. I hate watching them anymore.

Holy crapola, I did a double take when I saw it. A new hd channel on directv is a rare event indeed.

I still wonder where they plan to put most of the new hd channels later this year, as the 70s are full. Most likely this channel has been in the works for months and is one of the few that will go live anytime before late this year. Foodtv hd and hgtv hd would have been likely candidates for a new channel too.

Keep in mind in this location, the channel is probably mpeg 2 and the new channels later this year are supposed to be mpeg 4.

I am a documentary junkie, so NGCHD is one I've REALLY been looking forward to.

Holy crapola, I did a double take when I saw it. A new hd channel on directv is a rare event indeed.

I still wonder where they plan to put most of the new hd channels later this year, as the 70s are full. Most likely this channel has been in the works for months and is one of the few that will go live anytime before late this year. Foodtv hd and hgtv hd would have been likely candidates for a new channel too.

Keep in mind in this location, the channel is probably mpeg 2 and the new channels later this year are supposed to be mpeg 4.

There are several things that could be done.
The new HD channels could take the existing SD channel spor and become a .1 type like the locals are with the OTA channels, or they could migrate them into the 1000's.
I perfer them to use the existing channels.

Jimbo

Im also getting the following: 2 YES channels, 2 SNY, 2 FSMW, 2 FSNW, 2 FSBA! Anybody else!

- Already confirmed that one of the YES channels is Fulltime YESHD as one is Fulltime SNYHD but no word on these others!

Yep, I was watching Discovery HD. Show about glaciers in Alaska. I'm pretty lazy so I normally just channel up. I went right past 77 to 70 & then it hit me. Back to 77 I& I actually got up & walked over to my TV.

I will admit that I was being swayed by you-know-who about a year ago or so. Now I'm glad that I have an HR20 coming on April 10th.

C'mon Scott, I bet you know something. The cats' (almost) out of the bag, so spill the beans :D

Okay, now mine is showing 4/9 @ 4:28am! So I guess this is the go live date!

That's a looooooooooong time. In the past, once a channel showed up, it went live quickly. Waiting another month is torture, especially when the channel shows up in the guide! That's TORTURE DirecTV!!! I bet that's against the Geneva Convention!

Move your cursor over the "77 NGHC", and the program area reads "National Geographic Channel Channel HD HDTV Channels". With channels plural, probably doesn't mean anything, but interesting. Been waiting for this channel for a long time.

Ive got guide data for Tuesday 3/6 2:30am-3:18am Upcoming in the womb:multiples, part 1
Fetal development of twins,triplets and quadrruplets. HDTV, Special

Part 1 and 2 are running until5:37am

This is great news, can't wait for NG in HD; it's one of my favorite channels! gotto love this new Chiller channel too, I love horror movies and yeah what a shame is not in HD, Sure we cannot expect them to bring every new channel in HD for a while anyways.

Last edited:
Another what 18 or so more HDTV channels to add till they catch up with Dish!

Like D* has been saying all along, 100 HD channels by years end. We are all looking forward to it. It will be worth the wait, and all those that switched to DISH will be back when their commitments run out with DISH.

When I flip to it (it being channel 77) and check the signal it shows it on satellite 101 transponder 8. Is that just because there is no video to the channel yet and it's just a placeholder?

-Dan

Ive got guide data for Tuesday 3/6 2:30am-3:18am Upcoming in the womb:multiples, part 1
Fetal development of twins,triplets and quadrruplets. HDTV, Special

Part 1 and 2 are running until5:37am

I've got first show starting 3/5 1130pm on the west coast. So that would be consistent with 3/6 230am. Looks like we only have to wait a couple more days. Yeah more channels!

Another thing I noticed is that when I go into the channel list in the settings on my HR10-250 and scroll to it, it says 77 - NGHC and then it says NFL Sunday Ticket HD 090 right under it for the full channel name. Could they possibly be planning on getting the bandwidth from Sunday Ticket being gone right now until the new satellites are up?

-Dan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)