Ch 77 Nghc

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I set it up to record on the HR 20 got nothing but a black screen and as soon as it started it as me if I wanted to delete my show ,lol . Good old HR20 I will try it on my HR10-250 next time to see what happens.

Sure it is easy to make a positive comment; IF you are in that habit..... LOL I'll help you guys out since you are not....

"Gee, it sure is a nice surprise that they are trying to up national geo HD before the next sched sat launch. I think this national HD addition will be cool and will sit back and see how it pans out over the next week or so. I really can't wait for the next two sat launches either, then we should be enjoying even more."

See, you guys just choose to pick out the 2% - 5% of the negative (some of which is down right nit-picky) and drive it into the ground and TOTALLY ignore the remaining good 95% - 98%.

It seems the schedule changed to 2pm instead of 2am.
My guide won't allow me to see what might be on in the future, probably because there is no future. :) Or, they don't know. :D

I've tried to record the NGHC feed 3 or 4 times now and every time, it gets a parial recording of 0 minutes. Nothing there. Has anyone been able to actually record this damn thing yet?

I've tried to record the NGHC feed 3 or 4 times now and every time, it gets a parial recording of 0 minutes. Nothing there. Has anyone been able to actually record this damn thing yet?

Just a reminder. Make sure you have changed your channel to 98, NGHD no longer on 77.

Actually I have tried recording Part 1 and Part 2 several times, and finally on March 12, I got part 2 recorded on Channel 77. I also set it to record on 98 and it did not work. The picture quality was excellent and the program was very good.

Anyone figure out where channel 98 is coming from?

Last time I saw it in the tables it was on 101W TP 03 with the rest of the PPV's. Are they shutting off the PPV's to fit in the NGHD sneak peeks?

The other day, I had my Tivo set to record the #5 preview. I came home and saw the record light on, so I tuned in. Found it to be a black screen. I told the Tivo to stop recording and suddenly, there was a picture! It even let me rewind back to the beginning.

I saw the #6 preview was following it immediately, so I stayed on the channel and waited a few minute into the #6 program. I hit the record button and it was able to record it, so I don't know what is going on.

For some reason, it does't seem to want to record these from a To Do list, but will record on the fly.

Oh yeah, I did enjoy the programming. #5 was about Hippos. Learned a lot.

Anyone figure out where channel 98 is coming from?

Last time I saw it in the tables it was on 101W TP 03 with the rest of the PPV's. Are they shutting off the PPV's to fit in the NGHD sneak peeks?
----------------
It's on DirecTV 5 @ 110(109.8W)..
http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/dtv5.html
It's just a "sneek peek" for now, but when it goes full-time, it will be MPEG4 only,
on one of the yet to be launched birds.

I think every new HD channel will be MPEG4. First they have no current capacity and they have made the committment to MPEG4 so there is no going back at this point.

I think every new HD channel will be MPEG4. First they have no current capacity and they have made the committment to MPEG4 so there is no going back at this point.

They are still putting it on 101W, where there is no capacity for HD left. I'd assume they are shutting off a bunch of PPV's to allow for it. It could be in MPEG2 but if they were smart they'd put in MPEG4 mode so they don't have to shut off a bunch of PPV's. It doesn't take a whole lot of room for a MPEG4 720p feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts