Chad Ochocinco Slow at Grasping Patriots Playbook??

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
On Monday night, Tom Brady and the Patriots threw for 517 yards. Chad Ochocinco caught one pass for 14 yards. And that was it.

On Tuesday afternoon, Ocho tweeted:

"Just waking up after a late arrival, I've never seen a machine operate like that n person, to see video game numbers put up n person was WOW."

Later that day, former Patriot, Teddy Bruschi ripped him for acting like a "fan" and not a "teammate". He also hinted that Ocho hasn't yet fully grasped the new playbook. Possibly a reason he's not seen a lot of action on the field and in practice, he's still running wrong routes? Clearly the Patriots offense is much more complex than the simplified offense the Bengals used to run. Do you think Teddy's criticism is fair? Is Chad a slow learner? Will he ever be able to grasp the Patriots playbook?

"Drop the awe factor, OK, Ocho, Chad, drop the awe factor," Bruschi began. "You're not a fan, all right. You're not someone who's on another team or watching TV. You're not an analyst. You're a part of it. They want you to be a part of it. So get with the program because obviously you're not getting it and you're tweeting because you're saying, 'It's amazing to see'? It's amazing to see because you don't understand it! You still don't understand it and it's amazing to you because you can't get it.

"Stop tweeting and get in your playbook," Bruschi went on. "Wake up! If you're just waking up now -- I don't know when this was, six minutes ago? -- get out your bed and get to the stadium and watch some film if you still think it's amazing. If you're in it and you know what youre doing and you execute out there you don't think it's amazing. You know why? Because it's what you're supposed to do." - Teddy Bruschi

NFL.com news: Bruschi to Ocho: 'Stop tweeting and get in your playbook'

Yeah, he should have been able to say it was great to be a part of not great to see from the sideline. :D

teddy isn't in the locker room so its pretty much speculation on his part. in other words ,unless he has proof of this he's just making an ass of himself. wouldn't be the first time either :rolleyes:

teddy isn't in the locker room so its pretty much speculation on his part. in other words ,unless he has proof of this he's just making an ass of himself. wouldn't be the first time either :rolleyes:

Teddy is the worst homer of all the players-turned-analyst on TV. There are ALOT of former players that are no where near as much of a homer as he is. MOST other players-turned-analyst can calm their a$$-kissing of their former team....but Teddy is just plain awful.

Teddy is the worst homer of all the players-turned-analyst on TV. There are ALOT of former players that are no where near as much of a homer as he is. MOST other players-turned-analyst can calm their a$$-kissing of their former team....but Teddy is just plain awful.

OR maybe Tedy is trying to balance things over at the World Wide Leader with Tom Jackson's biased "journalism"? :rolleyes:

BillD1984 said:
OR maybe Tedy is trying to balance things over at the World Wide Leader with Tom Jackson's biased "journalism"? :rolleyes:

There is NO DOUBT Tom Jackson is a homer as well....but to Tom's defense, I have heard him have harsh words for the Broncos... I have never heard Teddy do that. Not say he has not, just saying I have heard him.

There is NO DOUBT Tom Jackson is a homer as well....but to Tom's defense, I have heard him have harsh words for the Broncos... I have never heard Teddy do that. Not say he has not, just saying I have heard him.

I'm not talking about his love for the Broncos, but rather his hatred of the Patriots:

Jackson picked the Pats to win the game. After the Jets won, linebacker Bart Scott came unhinged during an interview with ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio, specifically calling out Jackson and ESPN’s Keyshawn Johnson for predicting that the Jets would lose. (UPDATE: Apparently, Keyshawn picked the Jets. We thought Bart was being sarcastic when he thanked Keyshawn for “having our backs.”)
Jackson explained his decision as a social experiment or sorts.
“I played a bit of a psychological game with the Jets,” Jackson said, via Yahoo! Sports. “It’s something that I need to explain. I thought that more important to the Jets than hearing another score of ’24-21, they have a chance to win,’ was that it was important that they have in their mind, ‘You got beat 45 to 3. A large segment of the population believes that can happen to you again.’
“[The Jets] are all watching. I wanted to further fuel and cement them in that bunker mentality of us against the world. . . .

Yup, it's certainly your job as a "journalist" to "further fuel" when predicting a game Tom!

I don't want to hijack this thread anymore, as it's about Ochocinco/Bruschi. I just wanted to explain my Tom Jackson comment is all.

BillD1984 said:

"They hate their coach"

F him and Marshall Faulk over at NFL network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

salsadancer7 said:

And if the Patriots ever went 2-14 I'm sure Tedy would have harsh words for them, also.

The only thing I remember in that game with Ochocinco,is that I don't remember seeing him on the field. I looked hard for him too.

May want to get your eyes checked then since not only was he in the game, he made one of the nicer catches as he landed out of bounds.

He was in the game for 18 plays and a couple of incompletions were thrown his way.

Teddy had some interesting stuff to say and I agree with him on SOME of it.

Ochostinko doesn't know the play book, there were NO off Season workout , persa, the plays and routes Cinci use are number organized, while the Pats are a variety of things, much simpler in Cincy.

I would definitely NOT look at how the team played (if I were on it) and say WOW, look how good we are .... or This is like playing Madden, if he rubs another opposing player with that type of stuff, he'll get JACKED UP and not like it.

The only thing I remember in that game with Ochocinco,is that I don't remember seeing him on the field. I looked hard for him too.

I think this is the point Teddy is trying to make. I'm sure Pat's fans can confirm this better than I can, but even in preseason, I've heard that Chad was running wrong routes. He still hasn't grasped the playbook for Coach Belichick to feel comfortable enough to get him out on the field more. Granted, it was a shortened preseason. But Chad's a veteran and should've picked it up by now. Teddy's just suggesting that if this is in fact the case, maybe Chad should hit the books instead of being in "awe" and tweeting.

Hart5150 said:
And if the Patriots ever went 2-14 I'm sure Tedy would have harsh words for them, also.

When I see/hear it... I will believe it. Look, I ain't saying he's never done it, I just never seen it myself.

You do not have to be 2-14 to get criticized.

When I see/hear it... I will believe it. Look, I ain't saying he's never done it, I just never seen it myself.

You do not have to be 2-14 to get criticized.

Lord knows YOU can argue with just about anyone about anything, but in Teddy's defense, with the way the Patriots have played and the way the franchise has been run in recent years, they're awfully difficult to criticize, don't you think?

I still don't get the over-the-top reaction from the ex-Patriots. If Ochocinco had done what T.O. had done in the past and bitched that he didn't get enough touches in a game where his team won, I could understand. Considering where #85 came from, what's wrong with what he said??

Has anyone read or heard any similar criticisms like Bruschi's or Harrison's from any other ex-players, namely not ex-Patriots?? Must just not be the Patriot way....

had to shut off espn radio this morning when i heard once again about this chad garbage. now people are going to talk this thing to death.:rolleyes:
its quite simple. if it doesn't work out then just cut him. the pats were well aware of the risk. if it doesn't work out they wont lose too much anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)