This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Chances for Audits.

I'd love to tell them to shove it one of these days and if DirecTv gives me an offer I cannot refuse and I just might. I am seeing people going from Dish Network to DirecTv left and right these past several months. Dish Network must be having a hard time satisfying a lot of their customers.

I have had 3 receivers for 6 years, none plugged into a phone line with AEP (going back and forth between monthly and annual depending on pricing). Never have been audited.

I finally plugged in my new 622 to a phone line just to save $5/month.

Following a big thunderstorm last fall, the modem in each of two receivers quit working. The receivers work fine. Both are single receiver DVR's. One is leased. When I called to report the problem, they were going to charge me $90 for the service call. I said screw that and am now running not connected to a phone line. If the call to audit, I'll let them know what I think of their $90 charge. I've been a Dish Customer for 8 years.

This is one reason why I did not want the phoneline connected to my receivers. I had lightening run into a DishPlayer I had and I could not use the webtv on it anymore. I also didnt want people ordering stuff on my receiver through the phoneline. Some people do figure out the PPV password, seen it happen a few times. I found out later that you can have a limit put on your account, I think even a $0.00 limit.